Would you rather....

Options
Run 5 miles on a treadmill in a crowded smelly gym (at peak hours) OR run five miles in the cold cold rain.

I mainly ask because i have to make this decision for myself by 6 o'clock because my lazy butt slept in. What would YOU do?

Replies

• SlimLittleMrs
    Options
    cold cold rain - for sure!
  • mummy_gerdes
    mummy_gerdes Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    in the rain. yes it will be cold to start but once you get going it will be quite refreshing i would imagine!
  • glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    :tongue: Smelly gym
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Run in the cold rain!!! I love running in the rain.
  • mylifethusfar
    Options
    I love the treadmill, but i dont like the smell of a gym at peak hours. So i would choose the rain. At least the cold rain will keep you cool :)
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    If you have proper gear and can stay out of puddles, the rain. W/o gear - the treadmill.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I hate working out in the rain because it stings my eyes and makes it tough to wipe sweat from my forehead with a wet shirt (and rain running down my face is as bad as sweat!).

So, while 99.9% of the time, I would choose outside over the gym, the rain would sway it the other way for me..

Thanksfully, I never have to choose because I have an elliptical in my bedroom in front of my TV. :-)
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    rain....ugh I'm glad I have one in my house though for sure!
  • gsarro
    gsarro Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    smelly gym
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Rain. If ya got good rain gear.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    I'm a wuss... I would do the treadmill.
    I don't mind the rain but it usually means I can't run with my music (which I love) and I hate soggy shoes if I can avoid having them.
  • IamEric
    Options
    I'm a big believer that running outside does more for you than just burn calories. The fresh air - especially during a rain - does wonders for the lungs. (As long as you are dressed to handle it.)
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I'd rather run in the rain any day. The rain would be my motivation to run faster!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i ran three miles in the rain last week, and did 30 miles on my bike the next day. f*&k the gym.
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Cold, cold rain. The shower afterward would feel sooooo damn good.
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    At that point I'd rather run in the gym. I'm fine with running in the rain, I'm fine with running in the cold. However when you combine the two (and usually with a pretty heavy duty wind) it just gets unbearable. Just this past weekend I had to run two soccer matches in 52 degree weather with 30mph North wind gusts and a driving rain. It sucks, and I'm sorry I don't care how hard you run it doesn't keep you warm enough to combat that (at least in my case). I'd take the gym over that any day.
  • Whitneylol
    Options
    the rain!
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Rain for me. But I get so hot working out, so cold rain sounds good!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    If I had the proper running gear... then the cold, cold, rain!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    cold rain, only because there's little more that I hate more than a treadmill.