Protein Shakes

I have heard people say that protein shakes speed up weight loss. But, I have never known enough about them, to get started on them. I am looking for more information on them, and what would be the best ones I guess?

Any help would be amazing!! :)

Replies

• MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    I think of protein shakes as a convenient tool. I wanted to up my protein intake, without upping my carbs and to a lesser extent my fat. There are plenty sources of lean meats, but they're not really convenient for me.

So really, they're just a convenient way for me to micromanage my macronutrients.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    I have heard people say that protein shakes speed up weight loss. But, I have never known enough about them, to get started on them. I am looking for more information on them, and what would be the best ones I guess?

well they don't really speed up weight loss, but they are helpful if you find it hard to get in your daily amount of protein. personally i'd try to get most of my protein intake from whole foods and then resort to shakes if i have trouble doing that.

Best tasting proteins that i've tried

Myofusion - Banana and Chocolate
    Trutein - Choc PB Cup, CinnBun
    Ultra Peptide 2.0 - Cinnamon Roll and Lemon Cream Pie
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    I didn't use protein shakes while losing weight, but I started once I achieved my goal weight and was ready to add more muscle. I noticed a huge difference in the first month for muscle growth and definition once I incorporated more protein in my diet.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    I think of protein shakes as a convenient tool. I wanted to up my protein intake, without upping my carbs and to a lesser extent my fat. There are plenty sources of lean meats, but they're not really convenient for me.

So really, they're just a convenient way for me to micromanage my macronutrients.

I concur. I don't know how they are for weight loss, but I find it hard to get enough protein on a regular day and powder is convienent. Just make sure you don't get one that is high in sugar.

You don't have to have the shake either, I like to add a chocolate one to my oats in the morning... tastes like malt o meal! Or you can make your own protein bars with them or add it to many other recipes.
  • I didn't say I thought they did, it was just what I have heard. I was interested in learning a little more about them, because I see people on here with open food diaries and I have seen quite a few people having one a day. I am interested in trying them out!

Thanks for the feedback :)
  • MjDavis1981
    MjDavis1981 Posts: 63 Member

well they don't really speed up weight loss, but they are helpful if you find it hard to get in your daily amount of protein. personally i'd try to get most of my protein intake from whole foods and then resort to shakes if i have trouble doing that.

Best tasting proteins that i've tried

Myofusion - Banana and Chocolate
    Trutein - Choc PB Cup, CinnBun
    Ultra Peptide 2.0 - Cinnamon Roll and Lemon Cream Pie

Where did you find these?
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member

this.
  • MjDavis1981
    MjDavis1981 Posts: 63 Member
    No the shakes