NSV for me!

Options
bltmgray
bltmgray Posts: 163 Member
Hello all!!!

I just wanted to say that I love MFP and all the support from everyone on here! Yesterday my NSV was making myself go to the gym and work out even though I was sore from the day before. I've been losing motivation lately. I've been on a plateau for a couple of months and I'm having a hard time with it. I have 15lbs until my ultimate goal and the scale does not seem to move. I keep telling myself not to worry about the numbers on the scale, but focus on other things. It's hard to do that and I've tried adjusting calories, changing workouts, so Sunday I started level 2 of 30DS and yesterday I was so sore from it. (Which felt great cause I know it's doing something) I kept telling myself that I should rest and not work out, but once I was at the gym, I did anyway and I really pushed myself. I felt so good afterward and I'm so glad I did it. I just wanted to share with you all because you are all my inspiration to keep on keepin on!!!

Replies

• Enginette
    Enginette Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Awesome post to read! Great job!
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    good for you! This may sound really stupid, but sometimes when I am noticing no change in the scale for a while it helps to jump start your metabolism. I fall off the wagon and get back on and it seems to start things moving again. Now I am not saying completely pig out, but maybe just one day.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration!
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep on plugging along.

I hit a plateau that lasted about 3-4 weeks and it was hard to keep trying to do the right thing, knowing my weight wasn't changing. My doc advised me to up my protein for a week to 100 plus gram and drop my carb count under 60, and quit the strength training and do all cardio (just for one week). Also upped my calories 200 a day. It worked - I went from not losing to dropping 4 lbs then 2 lbs in the last two weeks. I still have about 17 to goal though.
  • aclark41
    aclark41 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Great inspiration! I've been on a plateau for a while now also...
  • Gwendalyne
    Gwendalyne Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    That's great friend! Keep up the hard work!
  • bltmgray
    Options
    good for you! This may sound really stupid, but sometimes when I am noticing no change in the scale for a while it helps to jump start your metabolism. I fall off the wagon and get back on and it seems to start things moving again. Now I am not saying completely pig out, but maybe just one day.

I know what you mean. I've tried that also, but I don't think I "fall off the wagon" very well. LOL! I'm to afraid that I will over do it to the point of gaining to much weight, even though I know one day will not hurt you.
  • bltmgray
    Options
    Good for you! Keep on plugging along.

I hit a plateau that lasted about 3-4 weeks and it was hard to keep trying to do the right thing, knowing my weight wasn't changing. My doc advised me to up my protein for a week to 100 plus gram and drop my carb count under 60, and quit the strength training and do all cardio (just for one week). Also upped my calories 200 a day. It worked - I went from not losing to dropping 4 lbs then 2 lbs in the last two weeks. I still have about 17 to goal though.

Hmmm....I may have to try this. I don't think I've adjusted my protein and carbs in a while.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!