Hey guys, can you recommend me some recipes that is low sugar or no sugar at all but sweet

Options
asdasdashkhkkl
asdasdashkhkkl Posts: 1 Member
I want to have some food that is sweet but low sugar or no sugar at all

Answers

• nokwandanzimande
    Options
    Fruit is the only thing I can think of that has natural sugar and is sweet but with no added sugar. So maybe a fruit salad with things like pineapple and sweet grapes and naartjies amongst other things will help your sweet tooth craving. Hope this helps 😊
  • TeresaWJ
    TeresaWJ Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to use alternative sugar products (there are so many options), then yes, fruits will be your only low sugar "sweet" options. Berries, star fruit, kiwi, watermelon, plums, peaches, apricots, lemons are good lower sugar fruit options. Other fruits will be much higher in sugar content. Fruits have some fiber, which helps off-set carb/sugar effect, if that is of interest to you.
  • loulee997
    loulee997 Posts: 273 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

Would using monk fruit syrup work? It is zero carbs. If you use with something that is naturally sweet, yams, carrots, fruit---you can make some sweet treats.

SUGAR FREE LEMON COOKIES (made with Monk Fruit Syrup/Lemons)

STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE SUGAR FREE WITH MONK FRUIT SYRUP
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options

I'm going to assume that when you say "no sugar," you actually mean "no ADDED sugar," because if you had a medical or dietary reason to avoid foods with natural sugar like dairy, vegetables, and legumes, you would have told us. :smiley:

So, fruit!

This time of year I eat a lot of fresh apples and oranges, and have frozen berries in the freezer.

Oh! IT'S POMELO SEASON! They look like grapefruits on steriods.

6h3m3zz9is58.png

https://veritablevegetable.com/pomelo-vs-grapefruit-whats-the-difference/
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Beets are delicious and naturally sweet. I love eating beets!
  • JmReck474
    JmReck474 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Dates, Figs finely chopped are super sweet and great source of fiber.
    I chop 10 Medjool dates cook down in 8 - 10 oz water until dates are very soft and water is almost gone, then transfer to high speed single serve blender cup to make date paste. I use this in recipes in place of sugar.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,759 Member
    Options
    JmReck474 wrote: »
    Dates, Figs finely chopped are super sweet and great source of fiber.
    I chop 10 Medjool dates cook down in 8 - 10 oz water until dates are very soft and water is almost gone, then transfer to high speed single serve blender cup to make date paste. I use this in recipes in place of sugar.

There's a thing one can buy called "date sugar" that's pretty much just a dry granulated version of this. It's just ground-up dates, so it doesn't dissolve, but can be used in baked goods, blended drinks, oatmeal, etc.