New to MFP...tryin to get back on track!!

Options
Hello im 31 yr old mother of twinz girls. I have been struggling with my weight since I had my girls almost 4 yrs ago. After gaining 73 pounds during my pregnancy, it was hard for me to lose the weight i gained. Anybody with kids knows how busy your day can be taking care of kids so it was hard for me to find the energy to workout. At the beginning of this year (Jan 13, to be exact), I decided I need to do something about this weight so I joined Weight Watchers. My starting weight was 270 lbs. The program was really good and it was easy for me to stick to because this program allowed me to eat whatever I want but I just had to make sure I stayed within my points. I also liked the weekly weigh ins and the support from the meetings. I ended up losing 36 lbs (234) in 5mos on WW however my pockets was looking a little empty because of the monthly payments and also buying the WW products( you had a choice to buy the products or not), so I had to make a decision to quit the program and do it on my on since I had all the tools i needed. WRONG!! Once i stop the program and stop tracking my foods i ate...I started falling back into my old habits. Now Im at 245 and have gained back 11 lbs. Now i realize that i do need help, I need to track my foods and joining MFP i can get back on track for FREE!

Replies

• MCDerin
    MCDerin Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hey there!
    Well, you know what? You learned something during your time w/ WW. You learned that you DO see progress when you track your food.
    SO, now that you have MFP and can do it for free...your wallets can be a little fuller again and your pants will get a little loser again :)

I love the community here.
    Ask questions. Share concerns. Share triumphs! We all need support and encouragement to succeed.
    You will find both here :)
  • mouth5667
    Options
    Good luck to you! This site is pretty easy to manuver and the help from others is great. Add me as a friend if you like!
  • chnkydnknmomma
    Options
    I totally understand what you are going through.
    I joined here back in March, and from then till May, I lost 17 lbs, tracking my food and working out...Fell off the wagon and gained back 6 lbs. I've been back on here for a week, and I already feel the difference.

There are a lot of great people on MFP, ...you can do it!