Afraid to weigh in!

Options
acgause
acgause Posts: 6 Member
So, I've been at this for about 3 weeks now and I am TERRIFIED of weighing in. I have avoided it thus far however I have a doctors appointment tommorrow and will be forced to get on the scale. I have been working so hard that I fear if the scale hasn't moved, I will lose my motivation. UGH!

Replies

• megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    don't be afraid of the scale! Especially if you're exercising, you should DEFINITELY take measurements as it may show more there than on the scale!
    Don't be discouraged! I'm sure youre doing fine!
  • Alee4nia
    Alee4nia Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is my second week weigh in...and I, too, am so afraid of knowing if there was a loss...I think we just need to have the attitude regardless of what the scale says to stick to it and be patient...we are doing the right things and the results will either sooner or later...hoping for the first of course would be nice!
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Mine moves slowly but the inches are coming off fast :) I'm sure you will be shocked at the number looking back at you tomorrow :) good luck!1
  • Judyann5
    Options
    I am sure you will do great. Do not let the scale rule you. DId you do measurements? Because inches will come off sometimes before the weight. Good Ludk :love: :flowerforyou:
  • quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Try not to be discouraged when you get on the scale at the doctor's. At the doctor's office, you're probably wearing clothes/shoes, have had breakfast, etc. That put together could up your weight even 5 lbs, if you were to compare to weighing in naked first thing in the morning, after going to the bathroom! When you weigh yourself, try to maintain the same kind of conditions each time to get an accurate reading. Good luck!!
  • curiouslyphantasmagorical
    Options
    I know this sounds cliche but dont let the scale be the judge of your weight loss. Do you feel better? Are you able to be more active? These are the important things. If you are a women we are able to fluctuate 6lbs with water weight. So you can have lost weight and still have the scale be a jerk one week. and if you are a male then i'm sure they also have fluctuations depending on time. :-) So no matter what the scale says you keep working for yourself. You deserve only the best.
  • acgause
    acgause Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I feel less apprehensive now and the screaming in my brain has quieted a bit.

I am feeling great, my tummy isn't as puffy -teeheehee-I am working out 1-2 times per day and religiously tracking my food. Yes, I am a woman ( profile updates pending).
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I'm trying to break through a 4 month plateau, and although I'm working out 6 days a week and eating clean-ish, I don't want to lose my motivation because the scale is stubborn. I tossed my scale in the closet and it will stay there until... whenever.

Being healthy is a journey, and if the scale is a road block, toss it aside and keep on truck'n! :)
  • MissJennZ
    MissJennZ Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You'll do great!

I am a full time student and have a fulltime job so working out is rarely a priority at the moment. My numbers arent moving down but I am satisfied that at least they're not moving up :smile:

I plan on taking measurements ASAP! i didn't so that last time and i regret it!

Jenn