Talk about snacks...

Options
What snacks do you like to keep on hand? What snacks are "treats" (treats meaning they are either too expensive to eat regularly, too much work, or it's big enough to be boarderline meal...)

What is a homemade snack you like to make?

And........do you usually share your snacks or do you like to save them for yourself?

Replies

• racha2424
    racha2424 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I keep fruit on hand like apples, bannana, plums, strawberries. Also like the lauging cow cheese with crackers. And I love greek yogurt! And granola bars. And skinny cow snacks and icecream. Also any of the 100 calorie snack packs. I share with my 20 month old son cuz he says "bite" to me when I'm eating :bigsmile:
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    100 calorie snack packs, Greek yogurt, apples, blueberries, Luna Bars, Skinny Cow ice cream, Pop Chips
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Healthy cold cereal, right now Quaker Oat Squares and veggies, especially baby carrots. I also prepackage snacks like Goldfish into single serving snack bags and keep them at work to snack on. That way I'm not taking time to count and not guessing on the serving size.
  • twilight_princess
    twilight_princess Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I always have fruit available to snack on. My once in a while (1 every 2 months or so) treat snack is a small 100ml tub of Hagen Daz ice cream (I was once addicted to the 500ml tubs) but I don't keep them in the house as I will relapse.

My homemade snacks are sugar-free jelly pots with fruit. And no, snacks aren't for sharing (lol)!
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Fiber One Bars. My new favorite flavor is Oat & Strawberry. SO YUMMY.
  • kardowling
    kardowling Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hummis and Barbara's Bakery Lite Right crackers...grapes, love quaker cracked black pepper rice cakes! 100 cal kettle corn microwave popcorn. Laughing Cow wedges, skinny cow...for a treat cool whip, with angel food cake, and lots of strawberrys.
  • jazzybean1
    Options
    1/4 c light ricotta, nat. peanut butter, vanilla extract & stevia.....kills my craving for pb and bread:)
    Have been making homemade protein bars...check out skinnytaste.com for some good ideas....My best friend/workout partner and I work together so we take turns making stuff and bringing it in to share. Is nice to try different things and get new ideas:)