Mindset at 1200 calories

Options
So I wasnt losing any weight at 1390 calories last week so i thought ill change them to 1200 and if i go over them slightly il know im still in the range to lose the 1lb. Well made the biggest mistake ever. I just could not stop eating all day. Just seeing the 1200 number,it made me feel being very restricted and made it feel it was impossible so just to eat watever i want. Whoa . Anyway back to 1390 calories for the rest of the week.

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,509 Member
    Options
    One week is nothing in the grand scheme of things. We don't lose weight every week, not because bodyfat doesn't go down but because our bodies are very dynamic systems. A bit more poop in your intestine from one weight moment to the next and you're weight has seemingly gone up. Various points in menstrual cycle, stress, weather, feeling a bit off, new exercise, lots of things lead to your body holding more onto water, which obviously also has weight. So try to relax and accept that bodies do things.

Obviously, thorough weighing and logging still is key to being in a calorie deficit to start with.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,089 Member
    Options
    Lol! I hate that 1200 number, too. I like my 1432 MUCH better
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,509 Member
    Options
    Corina1143 wrote: »
    Lol! I hate that 1200 number, too. I like my 1432 MUCH better

My weightloss calorie goal is 1400. Plus exercise. Yeah, it's slow but it works and I get to eat ALL THE DESSERTS AND SNACKS! :D
  • gwmjaz
    gwmjaz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I def agree: go with the calorie number that will not make you feel deprived.
    I just started here, after gaining weight back due to a couple health issues over the last 3 years, and I should be striving to hit 1350 calories per day. But I set it up for 1500 per day for now, so that i stick with it and don't feel deprived. I have at least 20 lbs to lose but I've done this before, so I'll go slow and steady.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    Here's my favorite article on 1200 calories: https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/1200-calorie-diet/

I love this graphic how how under-eating can be counter productive:

psg2fhb77pe5.png
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,089 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I feel like I'm watching paint dry every time I step on the scales.
    Until-- I remember I always thought watching golf on TV was as exciting as watching grass grow. Then I went to a live tournament of champions. All the difference in the world.
    I'm not watching paint dry; I'm becoming a champion!
    (ever so 🐌) lol.
  • bubbeE787
    bubbeE787 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is 1500. I try to come in a bit less if I can. Some days I am hungrier than others. I find this number works well for me. I try to walk everyday if possible and exercise classes 3x a week. The moving helps to burn some of the calories and keeps my metabolism going. I try to use other guides to measure my success such as how I feel, if my clothes are looser and measurements. The scale isn’t always our friend.