Options
1235»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    xbowhunter wrote: »
    Old post but still relevant... :)

I am also 5"7" male and my ideal weight for me is between 145 and 150lbs. Going to cut again for the next 3 weeks to get back down to 145lbs and try to hold there...
    Same height but because I'm pretty muscular, 170lbs is probably the most ideal for me.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • makkimakki2018
    makkimakki2018 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Do you pay your friend or the doctor?
  • mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    When I was younger at 5'9" I found that mid 130's was perfect. At early 70's (and 5'7") low 140's is right for me. A lot depends on your body type and how you feel.
  • aswanfletcher
    aswanfletcher Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7. Back in the day I weighed between 120-140. At 140 I looked pretty good. A little to skinny at 120. It's up to you what you feel is a good weight.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    Years before bmi, they used insurance charts. At 5'7", a woman should weigh 121 and a man should weigh 135 according to early charts.
  • VRTC1960
    VRTC1960 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If your friend is truly your friend, her concern is that the proposed goal is too low for your height and body type. However, your doc should know plenty about that and be giving reasonable advice.

That could be a perfectly appropriate weight for you if you have bones like my in-laws (tiny and light) and are not heavily muscled. For perspective, I am 5'2" tall and have had both athletic trainers and bariatric doctors tell me that I cannot aim for anything below 160 lb, even though the charts say I should weigh between 120 and 135. That is because my measured bone density is very high (my family has elephant bones!!!) and I am heavily muscled from competitive track/field sports, race walking, and outdoor engineering work most of my life. I will be THRILLED at 160-170!

• jbzy74
    jbzy74 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am almost 5'9" My goal is 123. Don't listen to your friends, get there, if you don't like what you see gain a few pounds.

Best advice ever!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!