The worst thing about gaining weight , alot of weight real f

Options
cellulite, and strech marks!!!! how do you get rid of them?? i think my overall shape is alright for carrying as much weight as i am but the strech marks and celllulie are horrible!! any ideas to get rid of them!??!?!?

Replies

• luvinlaurakate
    luvinlaurakate Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    There are some lotions and creams that are supposed to help with them, but over-all there isn't a whole lot to be done about stretch marks. They fade in time, but they pretty much will always be there. I don't know a whole lot about getting rid of cellulite, so I don't know if any of the creams and such claiming to help actually do. I do know there is an actual procedure to smooth it out and make it less clumpy, but obviously that would be costly.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    stretch marks are a form of scars....they'll fade a bit over time =)
  • ptrain987
    Options
    cocoa butter is normally good for reducing the appearance of stretch marks...but i'm not sure about cellulite...i know there was an infomercial about a product for that but u would have to research it
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    There are some lotions and creams that are supposed to help with them, but over-all there isn't a whole lot to be done about stretch marks. They fade in time, but they pretty much will always be there. I don't know a whole lot about getting rid of cellulite, so I don't know if any of the creams and such claiming to help actually do. I do know there is an actual procedure to smooth it out and make it less clumpy, but obviously that would be costly.

I had the laser/light therapy done for cellulite with pretty amazing results! Lasting effects too, it didn't just come back once I stopped going, worth the money to me since no matter how much weight I lost some of the dimpling was still there (genetics)
  • Whitneylol
    Options
    From what I've heard- cellulite is produced from fat. So, lose fat and have less cellulite. I think it's also genetics. I know many skinny people with cellulite.

As far as stretch marks go- using Cocoa Butter is a good idea to help prevent/fade existing ones, I think it works best because it has vitamin E (I think?) in it.. They DO eventually fade but yes, they are a pain!
  • sommerling
    sommerling Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    ok ill try some creams i am going to walmart later lol thx guys:)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    This is a review of cellulite treatments on webmd. They don't seem to think works.

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/guide/cellulite-causes-and-treatments

Although current therapies do little for reducing cellulite, doctors are looking at new therapies using lasers and light sources to treat cellulite. One procedure involves red and infrared light emitting diodes (LEDs) to emit certain wavelengths known to disrupt fat tissue, causing it to shrink. This procedure is combined with rollers and suctions to soften the fibrous bands of connective tissue that cause the dimpled appearance.

Although such procedures may hold promise for the future, for now, the best option is exercise, and, if needed, weight loss. Experts agree that the most effective exercise routine for cellulite is one that incorporates aerobic exercise and strength training, along with a diet rich in rich in fruits, vegetables, and fiber.

And although you can't change the thickness of your skin -- a factor in cellulite -- it could help to change the color. Cellulite tends to show up less on darker skin. If you plan to be out in a bathing suit or short shorts, applying a self-tanner may make the bumps and dimples on your thighs less noticeable