For those of you who have a hard time with breakfast...

Options
I found my new favorite breakfast meal!

Special K Protein Plus. It's not at all what I expected it to be. It tastes like the flakes from Raisin Bran, just less sweet. Anyway, I do 3/4 a cup of that, then I do 2/3 a cup of Cascadian Farms Organic Honey and Oats Granola and mix that in so it flavors it up a little bit (I suppose you could also do that with fruit.) Then I do 1/2 cup of Garelick Low Fat 1% Milk. I eat a banana with it and drink an 8 oz. glass of fresh orange juice. Honestly, I'm full right now. The cereal contains 10g of protein, 2g sugar, 5g fiber, and only 100 calories in a serving with 2g of fat PLUS it has 45% iron, which I really need in my diet. And it TASTES GOOD! Granted, the breakfast was about 362 calories total, the protein keeps me full for longer and will most certainly hold me over until lunch time. It's rich in all vitamins and because I don't really snack throughout the day anymore, it's worth being a big meal.

Just wanted to share :)

Replies

• Kasey42588
    Options
    I found my new favorite breakfast meal!

Special K Protein Plus. It's not at all what I expected it to be. It tastes like the flakes from Raisin Bran, just less sweet. Anyway, I do 3/4 a cup of that, then I do 2/3 a cup of Cascadian Farms Organic Honey and Oats Granola and mix that in so it flavors it up a little bit (I suppose you could also do that with fruit.) Then I do 1/2 cup of Garelick Low Fat 1% Milk. I eat a banana with it and drink an 8 oz. glass of fresh orange juice. Honestly, I'm full right now. The cereal contains 10g of protein, 2g sugar, 5g fiber, and only 100 calories in a serving with 2g of fat PLUS it has 45% iron, which I really need in my diet. And it TASTES GOOD! Granted, the breakfast was about 362 calories total, the protein keeps me full for longer and will most certainly hold me over until lunch time. It's rich in all vitamins and because I don't really snack throughout the day anymore, it's worth being a big meal.

Just wanted to share :)
  • MollysMom2005
    MollysMom2005 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that. I have wondered if the Special K Protein Plus was good. I really like the Fruit and Yogurt one. I will have to try it, although I must say I have never met a cereal I didn't like.:love:
  • Kasey42588
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that. I have wondered if the Special K Protein Plus was good. I really like the Fruit and Yogurt one. I will have to try it, although I must say I have never met a cereal I didn't like.:love:

I've heard mixed reviews about it. But I tried it anyway because I need the nutrients and I'm glad I did because I love it.
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    I am boycotting Kellogg's brand at the moment, which stinks because I really do love their Special K cereal.

So on a similar breakfast note:
    Does anybody know a similar cereal or brand to Special K that is not Kellogg's and hopefully does not have HFC like Special K?

Thanks!
  • Kasey42588
    Options
    I am boycotting Kellogg's brand at the moment, which stinks because I really do love their Special K cereal.

So on a similar breakfast note:
    Does anybody know a similar cereal or brand to Special K that is not Kellogg's and hopefully does not have HFC like Special K?

Thanks!

How come?
  • FitnessGeek
    Options
    How come?

For dropping their endorsement of Michael Phelps.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options

I eat the Kashi Cereals. They have a Strawberry Fields cereal that is way better than Kellogg's Red Berries. I like pretty much all the Kashi line though.
  • FitnessGeek
    Options
    I eat the Kashi Cereals. They have a Strawberry Fields cereal that is way better than Kellogg's Red Berries. I like pretty much all the Kashi line though.
    I have heard good things about the cereal, but oddly my local Cub Foods didn't have any. I'm going to check the co-op for it, because that's twice now it's been recommended to me. Thanks!