Weight Watchers!!

Options
I've recently been thinking about joining Weight Watchers with a friend of mine. Is anyone else on this site doing weight watchers? If so, how has if worked for you? Any great success stories?

Replies

• ontheskinnyroad
    ontheskinnyroad Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I did it when it was the old plan but with this new one it seems I have gained weight.

I liked the old plan better.
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I was a member of WW in the past. I enjoyed the program. I lost 50lbs following the program. I enjoyed attending meetings & making new friends. My life has gotten busier & I opted to try the online program which I didn't have as much luck with. It's is a little expensive for me right now.

The program if followed correctly is a great program. They recently made many changes too so it is supposed to be new & improved. Check their website out you can usually try a meeting for free and see if it's something that you are interested in joining.
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    I was an old member. Once they changed to the new plan I stopped using WW. On the old plan I could never seem to lose more than 15lbs.
  • mummy_gerdes
    mummy_gerdes Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    im not a member of ww although i have been in the past and kept the books. i still eat the ww snacks and desserts and use some of the recipies and when i add them on here to my diary it makes me feel like ive had all these treats!! if you want to do it go for it!! what harm can it do?
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I don't think weight watchers is much different than what we do here. Except it's a lot cheaper here. :smile:
  • michellezigs
    Options
    I could only ever lose 10 lbs on weight watchers. I find this site more personal, more helpful and more motivating. AND its free!
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Former WW member.....I found the new program offered to many choices...while good in moderation, I would forget about moderation and eat til I was content!
    I'm doing much better sticking with the basics...lean meat, veggies, fruit and whole grains.
    Best of Luck!
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    i am on weight watchers points plus system and i use it with here i have the calculator on my phone so i just type in the fat fiber carbs and protein and it calculates the points if u have an questions feel free to add me and i will try and help
  • kardowling
    kardowling Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I did it on line about 3 years ago on old plan. Trying to get back on track and lose a few found lbs. I'm not liking this new plan as much.
  • stacymariegurl
    Options
    Hey! I'm on the new Weight Watchers plan. With any diet plan, if you follow it faithfully, no cheating, it will work. Some people need to not eat back exercise or weekly allowances, and others do it every week and still lose. But overall, after you figure that bit out, you are good to go.

I suggest going to meetings instead of purely online if you are just starting out. It really can keep you motivated and on track. Just the fact that you have to weight in every week in front of someone else keeps me motivated to at least lose something each week!
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I am on Weight Watchers, and I love it. Let me know if you have any specific questions about the plan! It really isn't too different from MFP, except the points system and a few other things.

I've been tracking both places for a while, and it's been intereresting, they are definately NOT the same thing because some days I'm way under my MFP calories and some days I'm way over my MFP calories, and I am always following WW. So, there are some differences in the plans, and WW works best for me.
  • krm0789
    krm0789 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I just started tracking my food again & decided to track with a WW spreadsheet (old plan) AND MFP to see what I preferred. I really thought I'd prefer the point system, but after a few days I realized that I really prefer MFP & 'plain old' calories.
  • cwoods80
    cwoods80 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am doing WW and MFP concurrently. I have been doing WW since Feb 1 and have lost 32.2 lbs. We are getting ready to start a new at work session this week and I cannot wait. Only 14.8 lbs to go until my goal weight. I am hoping to make lifetime :)
  • MaryRose84
    MaryRose84 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    IVE DONE WW SO MANY TIMES !!! LAST YR I LOST 20 AND KEPT THAT OFF. THEN THE HOLIDAYS CAME LAST YR AND I COULDNT GET BACK ON THE HORSE TO LOSE THE REST. IN JUNE I JOINED MFP AND HAS SINCE LOST THIS SET OF 30 LBS, GIVING ME 50 LBS FROM MY BIGGEST.

I HAVE DONE THE OLD WW PLAN AND THE NEW PLAN. YOU WILL FIND FROM MFP TO WW IT WILL BE ALOT OF FOOD! THERE ARE FOODS THEY SAY YOU WILL COUNT AS 0 (FRUITS /VEGGIES). WE ALL KNOW FRUITS AND VEGGIES COUNT! AND THEN THE LOVELY ALLOWANCE POINTS , REALLY IM ALLOWED TO EAT AN EXTRA 1600 CALORIES AT SOME POINT IN THE WEEK.? THE DISCOURAGING THING IS THE 1LB OR LESS PER WEEK. I LIKE THE BIGGER RESULTS I GET WITH MFP. THE SAME NETWORK OF PALS BUT DAILY ! AND ITS FREE!

IM A MFP LIFER !

LOVE N LIPSTICK FRIEND!
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    IVE DONE WW SO MANY TIMES !!! LAST YR I LOST 20 AND KEPT THAT OFF. THEN THE HOLIDAYS CAME LAST YR AND I COULDNT GET BACK ON THE HORSE TO LOSE THE REST. IN JUNE I JOINED MFP AND HAS SINCE LOST THIS SET OF 30 LBS, GIVING ME 50 LBS FROM MY BIGGEST.

I HAVE DONE THE OLD WW PLAN AND THE NEW PLAN. YOU WILL FIND FROM MFP TO WW IT WILL BE ALOT OF FOOD! THERE ARE FOODS THEY SAY YOU WILL COUNT AS 0 (FRUITS /VEGGIES). WE ALL KNOW FRUITS AND VEGGIES COUNT! AND THEN THE LOVELY ALLOWANCE POINTS , REALLY IM ALLOWED TO EAT AN EXTRA 1600 CALORIES AT SOME POINT IN THE WEEK.? THE DISCOURAGING THING IS THE 1LB OR LESS PER WEEK. I LIKE THE BIGGER RESULTS I GET WITH MFP. THE SAME NETWORK OF PALS BUT DAILY ! AND ITS FREE!

IM A MFP LIFER !

LOVE N LIPSTICK FRIEND!

I love the weekly allowance points, plus the activity points. I eat them all. Slow and steady wins the weight loss race!!!
  • martinbeks
    martinbeks Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I did best on WW back in 2004, when I was a senior in high school. I did it with my mom, and we did awesome together. I love 30 lbs before going off to college, and i've never gotten the same level of success on anything. I'm hoping MFP helps.
  • techymum
    Options
    I was never able to succed on weight watchers, even though I have heard over the years that they have the best, most nutritious plan. Always felt hungry. But then I just wasn't in to the whole group meeting mentality, either. So maybe that was my problem. Having people stand up and say they had created some wonky desert out of all kinds of various "diet" foods didn't agree with my feeling that one needs to eat clean and simple to get healthy. But that is just my opinion....

MFP I have found to be so much more workable.

My vote - take the money you would put into weight watchers and join a gym :-)

Good luck
  • jk051861
    jk051861 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am a WW Lifetimer. I lost 24 pounds doing the plan. If you follow the plan, you will lose weight. The big thing for me is going to the meetings. Being with others with the same goals and challenges is a great motivator. Also, knowing you have to step on that scale to be accountable to yourself is also a big motivator. Doing it online only doesn't give you that. In meetings you meet really good cooks that will give you ideas you had never thought of. They also encourage you to try new fruits and veggies, to get out of your food comfort zone. And now, they encourage exercise as well as good nutrition.

I am on maintenance now, but would like to ease down 7 -10 pounds more. Since I am a lifetime member, I don't have to pay anymore to go to meetings as long as I am at goal weight. But I don't have free access to the WW website. So MFP is my tracking website. It is very similar to the WW site, so it works for me.
  • bonnynblithe04
    bonnynblithe04 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have been on WW for six years and just decided to give PointsPlus another try. The problem is, when I log my journal here, I always run out of calories before I run out of points (because of free fruits and most free vegetables). This week I am going to stop eating when I run out of calories in my MFP diary, regardless of how many PP I have left for the day.
  • ohiomom0503
    ohiomom0503 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've lost all my weight with WW. I've tried tracking calories only and end up staying the same. With WW, I've steadily lost 2-3 lbs each week.