MFP did something odd to my account today

Options
mtaratoot
mtaratoot Posts: 13,635 Member
Well, MFP did something very odd today.

A long time ago, I changed the settings for what I call my meals. Well, I went to log something, and it had reverted to breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. Uh... And that also meant that some of the data were now hidden.

I set it back, but have no idea what happened. If you have any custom settings, check 'em today.

I'll probably submit a help ticket. For now, just a heads-up to check your settings if you have ever changed anything in the past.

Replies

• lorilstanley
    lorilstanley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just had the same thing occur
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,876 Member
    Options
    Changed my diary settings back to the correct category names, and all the missing data reappeared in the correct slots. Took me less than a minute.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,175 Member
    Options
    Me, too
    Haven't reset it yet. If they don't, I will.
  • amhilbrands
    amhilbrands Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Same
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    Yep. Only took a minute to go reset things, and I was grateful that the data were still there. They were just invisible.

It's interesting that it seems to have happened across the platform. I'm glad everyone that's responded here knows how to fix it.

I did send a support ticket so maybe someone can explain what happened. Poor support staff. The site sent me the automated message asking for more details, and yep I provided an essay. I feel a little bad someone has to read that, and at the same time I hope it brings a smile to their face because it's kind of goofy.

The best was the last question: Can you provide a screen shot? I responded, " I cannot. Well, I could if I went back into the settings menu and put the old standard names in, but I worry that would erase my food data so no - can't send a screen shot. I'm pretty sure I've been descriptive enough with words. A picture is worth a thousand words, so maybe I still need a few more words because this e-mail is just barely over 700 words. Please don't make me add three hundred more words. I can do it, but then you'll have to read it!"

Keep sticking to it. My Fitness Pal is truly a great tool. I am grateful it's available. I had used the USDA Super Tracker previously, and it was a real pain to use. There will always be hiccups here on MFP, and the very helpful staff ALWAYS manage to figure 'em out. Yay staff!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,007 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Changed my diary settings back to the correct category names, and all the missing data reappeared in the correct slots. Took me less than a minute.

Ditto
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    And...

It just now happened again.

Is this going to be one of those bugs that takes weeks to fix? I hope not. I'll send an update....
  • MrsKiwi66
    MrsKiwi66 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! I just noticed all my data was missing and I was freaking out... I'm going to go add my custom categories back in and hopefully my data will be restored! Ugh...
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    l24ce9ff9znc.png
  • springlering62
    Options
    it51c74z3u8f.png

zs29cz1mi64f.png

8yja89vm3lq7.png
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    Yay!

I guess submitting support tickets really does help. Please keep that in mind when you experience a bug. Follow up when they send a follow-up e-mail. The staff here does pay attention. They are wonderful.

That's how we as a community can help keep it running smoothly. It's not a bother for them - it helps. Report it when you notice it!

And as always, keep sticking to it!
  • mslynn85ok
    mslynn85ok Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Same.
    Recreating my custom settings resolved the issue for me as well and ten years worth of data was still intact.
    As a side note for future reference, I export my data a couple of times a year just in case there is ever an issue like this that a simple fix can't be found. If this simple fix hadn't worked, I would have only lost data back to 8/28/23. Three months is way better than 10 years!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,579 Member
    Options
    I feel guilty. Just yesterday I told someone they can create custom diary items, and now this happened. Sorry guys, it's my fault! 🤣
  • Muudaengklan
    Muudaengklan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I experienced same issue: custom meal categories disappeared. Re-setting via desktop settings worked last night 11/29 but my customizations were lost again today 11/30.
  • springlering62
    Options
    It’s a known issue since Wednesday morning. They’re working on it.

It affects diary, meals, recipes and syncing workouts from a tracking device or
    Other app.

Patience.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,379 Member
    Options
    Link to the screenshotted article (which will presumably be updated as the issue is handled):
    https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/21792562599181-Widespread-Issues-affecting-MFP-apps-and-website
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Mines now been sorted, although the food is jumbled up between meals so I have some VERY interesting / odd meal combos for a couple of days 🤣
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    It's still not 100%. I have five meals set up instead of the default four, and the fifth has blank food entries on my phone, but those entries show up correctly on the PC. The daily calorie count is correct on phone, so it's that the fifth meal food entries are invisible.