Weight lose

Options
Hi everyone i have arthritis and dont exersize as much now i have put on a lot of weight and been told i have fatty liver can you get rid of fatty liver by diet.

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,606 Member
    Options
    Hi @kathydavis6 Welcome to MFP.

Sorry, I don’t know anything about fatty liver, but am assuming you’re an older user like me.

I will say, losing weight and exercising has helped my arthritis, and eliminated painful GERD, both of which have been life changing. I also didn’t have to start a thyroid prescription, which is what started all this off.

Give it a chance. Let us know how we can helped!
  • bduanemyfitness
    bduanemyfitness Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi @kathydavis6 Welcome to MFP.

So I too am arthritic and have been for more years than I care to remember. More years with arthritis than without. I have been lucky enough that I have been able to continue to exercise through the arthritic issues, I know not all can. It has not been easy, but my MD, PT and me all agree that it is best for me to stay active. So I would recommend getting active. Walking is exercise.

As for fatty liver disease, I suggest consulting your MD and perhaps a nutritionist. Setting up the right diet for your situation is best. And a nutritionist can really help with that.

That being said, the diet for fatty liver disease includes:
    fruits and vegetables
    high-fiber plants like legumes and whole grains
    significantly reducing intake of certain foods and beverages including those high in added sugar, salt,
    refined carbohydrates, and saturated fat
    no alcohol
    That is pretty wide open for interpretation...hence the suggestion of a nutritionist.

Best of luck on healing.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,165 Member
    Options
    People in the Keto groups here have went Keto to deal with NAFLD.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,606 Member
    Options
    Kathy, if you’re in the USA, look for a dietician.

Dieticians are degreed, and go through rigorous studies to get the designation.

In the USA, anyone can call themselves a nutritionist- you, me, the guy at the front desk of the gym pushing protein drinks, your local MLM salesperson. There’s no governing body to qualify nutritionists here.

I got discount visits with a dietician through my gym, and my health plan offered phone visits, too. My husband’s old employer offered them. Would that we’d had the sense to take advantage before he retired. 😬

Suggest going in with a notepad and a list of questions, so that you take utmost advantage of your timed session.