New here...

Options
Hello I am new here! I am preparing for bariatric Surgery in 6 months.. any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated

Replies

• Sasm72724
    Sasm72724 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Cut out soda and sugar now. Increase your water intake and get in the habit of moving you body every day. Track everything and be honest about it. You are collecting data that will really help you later. When I get in my head about not doing enough it helps to be able to look back and see how far you’ve come. Good luck 🍀
  • jbc43221
    jbc43221 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just had the gastric sleeve procedure in October. The biggest challenge is adjusting the intake - Before I would drink a gallon of water a day - usually 8 oz at a time. Now I have to sip or there is discomfort. Yesterday I had a coup of soup for lunch - I stopped after it was half gone. Still learning my new body, but I believe this the best thing I have done for my health.
    Our Bariatric center has well documented guidance and prepping for the surgery. I am glad I followed it closely. It helped to prepare me for what I would / will experience after the procedure.