20 by 2012 Week4!!

Options
Hey ya'll!!! Looks like everyone has been doing great! And we've only lost a couple of memebrs! But we've also gained a few members! Don't forget to check out the documents to see who has joined us and make them feel welcome! :) Here are our challenges for the next week!

Week 4 Food Challenge: OK, this week is going to be super easy. Try a food you have never tried before (for example, I have never had kiwi before, so sometime this week, I am going to get some a try it!!) Tell us what you tried and how you liked it!! Not only might you find a new healthy food you like, but it will also give everyone more ideas of foods they could eat!!

Week 4 Exercise Challenge: Since you aren’t supposed to work your muscles consecutive days, lets alternate legs and arms! 3 days of Squats (50 a day) and 3 days of bicep curls (50 a day). And lets not forget the weekend challenge....100 of each!!

So firs things first, here are the links to the document that names our challenges and the spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13kDoyxg5gm8sMmi4PyzfduDwqRABjmRxLzgEpAETNgI/edit?hl=en_US

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArMD907X0H5MdE14UTg2VFg4RU9kektkWWdPVmc1ZXc&hl=en_US

Now....WEIGH INS!!!! I know some of you HATE Monday weigh-ins! Part of the reason I made it Mondays is for the challenge of eating healthy over the weekend. I know for me, knowing that I have to weigh-in on Monday morning helps me to stay on track on the weekend! Now, I know there are some that have weigh-ins on different days for different challenges, so feel free to use those days if you want to! It is not a requirement to weigh in on Monday, it just makes it a little easier for me to get everyone's weight and get the spreadsheet updated on time! This is also the reason I created the weigh-in form!! This way, you can weigh-in when you feel, and you don't need to keep wondering where you need to send your weight! All of the links will be on my status! Plus, they are also all in my blog! Here is the link to the weigh-in form:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dFNNOE15eTFYS1FMdlZPdjdHMUhyNkE6MQ#gid=0

When I send you Private Messages to remind you, it is more of me making sure I did not miss anyone! So please try to bear with me when I send them out. For the most part, I remember who weighs in on different days, so I try to not message those people unless it gets past their weigh-in day!

OK, I think I got everything in! Everyone has been doing so super great! I am so proud of each and everyone one of you! Keep up all the amazing work, and we will all be 20 pounds healthier in 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Replies

• garangirl
    Options
    Right on, looks good - I look forward to it.

Last week was hard for me to keep up with. Hopefully this week will be at a more even keel, ya know?
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Wasn't entirely sure what a "squat" was so I went to Youtube....here's the link in case anyone needs it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDdSZmWNYQI
  • lyndyb88
    lyndyb88 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    ugh...birthday week killed me and i'm right back where i started :(
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Wasn't entirely sure what a "squat" was so I went to Youtube....here's the link in case anyone needs it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDdSZmWNYQI

Thank you!! I need to stop assuming everyone knows what these exercises are!!! LOL
  • musicgirl88
    Options
    ugh...birthday week killed me and i'm right back where i started :(

That's ok! I had a hard time for our birthday too!! I think I might have managed to stay the same...but not sure yet LOL
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    OOoh squats nasty!! Great choices again - thanks! I'm an adventurous eater so will have to have a good think on this one ;-) Just weighed in will post to your page :-)
  • abeautifulvoice
    Options
    Gained a little, but that's to be expected with TOM is around the corner.

This week, I weighed in at 205.2lbs
  • musicgirl88
    Options
    Gained a little, but that's to be expected with TOM is around the corner.

This week, I weighed in at 205.2lbs

That's ok! Water weight from TOM comes off super fast! :)
  • musicgirl88
    Options
    UGH....I am so tired of seeing the exact same number on the scale every week....This is the first time since I started trying to lose weight that I have hit a plateu.....idk what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm back on track this week. I promise I will be on this forum more than once the entire week! I'm weighing in at 166.8 this week! Everything is finally falling together again and I managed to achieve 40 lbs lost!! 22 lbs to go!
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    Loving this weeks challenge. I did 50 bicep curls and 50 squats. I normally do biceps 3-4 times a week, so I am challenging myself to do them everyday, along with the squats!! Already went food shopping before I saw the post, so by the end of the weekI'll get back to the supermarket and try something new!!
  • musicgirl88
    Options
    Loving this weeks challenge. I did 50 bicep curls and 50 squats. I normally do biceps 3-4 times a week, so I am challenging myself to do them everyday, along with the squats!! Already went food shopping before I saw the post, so by the end of the weekI'll get back to the supermarket and try something new!!

YAY! I'm glad you're enjoying it! Sounds like a great personal challenge :)
  • campfirecrafter
    campfirecrafter Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I struggled last week with being away , and having most food provided for me at a conference , boo to a 2lb gain

but I am back with vengeance this week ...

anyone have any suggestion on a "new"food - I can't think of anything I haven't tried before ( I have tried a lot of different things) - my main challenge is I live in a remote northern area , with limited fresh vegetable and fruit selection ... so maybe a new to me grain? any recipes or ideas are welcome......
  • musicgirl88
    Options
    I'm back on track this week. I promise I will be on this forum more than once the entire week! I'm weighing in at 166.8 this week! Everything is finally falling together again and I managed to achieve 40 lbs lost!! 22 lbs to go!

That's so great that you have 22 pounds to go!!!! I can't wait until I'm that close to my final goal! :D You are doing so great!
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    i'm finally back!!! i took a little break from logging and counting calories, and while work started up again, and i'm happy to say that i lost 0.6 lbs instead of just maintaining, which is what i was hoping for! i work at a school, so septembers are always crazy for me. now things are starting to calm down at work, and i can get back into my regular schedule.

i'm down to 204, so ONDERLAND is only 4 lbs away!! i started at 282 back in january and i remember not even being able to IMAGINE weighing under 200 lbs. so...i'm definitely getting excited :drinker:
  • APO_Katie
    APO_Katie Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Is it too late for me to join? My weight on Monday, 9/26/2011 was 175.6lbs. and my goal is 25-30 lbs. I'm tall, so a weight of 140-150lbs would suit my frame well. I just want the scale to read a weight that I haven't seen in ~7 years. And I have a bunch of clothes that I can't wear just laying around.
  • musicgirl88
    Options
    Is it too late for me to join? My weight on Monday, 9/26/2011 was 175.6lbs. and my goal is 25-30 lbs. I'm tall, so a weight of 140-150lbs would suit my frame well. I just want the scale to read a weight that I haven't seen in ~7 years. And I have a bunch of clothes that I can't wear just laying around.

Yes you can join! I will add you to the list! All of the links are on the blog, and the link to the blog is on my profile! Welcome! :)
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Did my 50 bicep curls last night. I'm not sure if I'll be able to continue doing them for the rest of the week because tomorrow I'm leaving to go to a Vet Tech Conference. I'm sure our hotel has a gym, but it's all the matter of whether or not I'll have time to go to it. The conference is in San Antonio, so I think I'll be mingling with the night life instead of the gym LOL, but that will mean that I will walk my butt off!
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    Amber you might be able to fit in a few here and there. Lately when I have a moment at work, I'll just do some tricep exercises (with my weight loss my arms are getting flabby) without weights, just the motions. It's a little something at least!
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    So how are everyones legs feeling??? Those squats were killer!!! My thighs are sooooo achy! ;)