in need of a support system

Options
Hi there. I'm relatively new to this. I have been on the site for almost 2 weeks. I've lost 5lbs in that time which I feel wonderful about!

I guess I'm seeking some sort of support from people that are going through this lifestyle change, like me. My husband isn't all that great at making my feel good and giving me the steam to keep moving forward.

So yeah, I'd love to hear other peoples stories and share some of my own!

Replies

• nashaboo
    nashaboo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    losing 5 lbs is awesome! Keep up the good work!.
  • tatesmom
    tatesmom Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work!! I have been on MFP now for 6 months and have lost 49 pounds since starting!! My ultimate goal is to lose 100#!! This journey has been amazing with the support I have recieved on MFP!! Feel free to add me for support!! Good luck!!
  • 23wife
    23wife Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You're doing great!!
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    I would be happy to join your support system. I have been able to lose 22lbs so far and actually keep it off with the support and motivation of my friend's on MFP. I was using the calorie counter app on my phone without much success until I got involved with the community.
  • ljloran
    Options
    LOL, I'm in a simalar boat! Been on here a couple weeks, lost 5 lbs (20 since I first started), and a husband who loves me but is slow to support. He's slowly getting there though, it's just taking me a bit to get that fire lit under his butt. He's mostly just holding back to learn more about his own back.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    The support on here is great. I've reached out a few times when I'm feeling down and feel like giving up and it's been so positive!!! My husband is supportive but mostly because I "demand" the support. I tell him about my workouts, I make him measure me, I tell him about my calories and all in a way that he has to tell me good job. I don't think they always get it. And then he complains about being overweight. Well I'm sorry you are on the road and don't make healthy choices, I'm sorry you chose to get shnickered on a bottle of wine, have a steak dinner and dessert too. I know he misses me when he travels but there are ways to be healthy about it. Sorry rant....he's living it up (working hard too but then he's off of work at night) and I work all day and then come home to 2 kids and a messy house. It stays messy cuz I'm tired!!!

Add me as a friend if you want some support!!! Always ready to give it!!
  • Laura32412
    Options
    5lbs is great, I've only lost 3 so far! Add friends, even if you don't comment back and forth it's motivating to see their statuses show up on your "wall". Seeing that someone else burned 500 calories or lost weight or went for a run makes you want to do the same!

Keep up the great work!!!