Suggestions for snack with no fat and no sugar

Options
At the end of the day I often have calories to spare but I've blown out my fat and sugar rations, can anyone suggest a good snack that's mostly complicated carbs and maybe just a little protein?

Replies

• rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    air-popped popcorn?
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese or string cheese are very low sugar/ carb and more protein. :)
  • ayd1
    ayd1 Posts: 2
    Options
    I've found that Quaker Salt-Free rice cake with a teaspoon of nutella spread over it is DELICIOUS and will satisfy any craving. If you're feeling adventurous throw on 1/2 tsp of peanut butter on it too. YUM!!!
  • Bekahjohnston
    Options
    Beef Jerkey is low in fat and calories, high in protein.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Popcorn or brown rice. I think these may have a little sugar, but not much. Or a leafy green salad.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I've found that Quaker Salt-Free rice cake with a teaspoon of nutella spread over it is DELICIOUS and will satisfy any craving. If you're feeling adventurous throw on 1/2 tsp of peanut butter on it too. YUM!!!

nutella is not low sugar.
  • Crawflowr
    Crawflowr Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thanks Rice cakes do look like a good option for an end of the day filler. I actually quite like eating them plain so I'll make sure I have a packet or two in the cupboard. Might consider marmite on them but that tends to be too salty.