direct and honest criticism

Options
Is there anyone on here that likes to give direct and honest criticism? Don't get me wrong, the friends I have now are wonderful and supportive, but at the same time I don't think they want to hurt my feelings and tell me I need to do something different or I'm doing something wrong. Overall I know my progress is based on what I do and how I push myself, but sometimes I also need that direst honest criticism to point out my mistakes that I'm making. I know I make mistakes, but I just don't know where I'm making it, if that makes any sense. I know this sounds weird, but sometimes I work better with direct and honest criticism, then I do with sugar coating.

Replies

• Hottness4Lyfe
    Hottness4Lyfe Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I've been told that I'm fairly blunt and to the point... I just have to know how sensitive someone is before I say anything.... It's a blessing and a curse....
  • FitForeverAgain
    FitForeverAgain Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Dolphin - ask anyone I deal with, I'm blunt and straighforward. I wouldn't call it criticism, I call it truth...though it is unadulterated. Most of it is along the lines of the same advice with a whole bunch of issues being the question. The advice is almost always along the lines of: Stop making excuses / whining. No one else is going to do it for you, nor should be counted on to always help. You will screw up, get going again. Diets do NOT work...net caloric deficits and lean mass building over a LONG period of time do. Etc, etc. If you want sugar and fluff, I'm not your guy...

Oh, and the first time I give advice, I do it kindly. If someone comes back looking for pity, or a new 'easier' answer is when I get very blunt. It's what helped me, and it may help others. If not, they can look for their advice elsewhere. In the end, it's all about helping, just in a different way than many are used to.
  • meeperoon
    meeperoon Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    With the amount of people on here I'm sure you'll get a straight answer whatever you ask!
  • VickiMitkins
    VickiMitkins Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm very direct. I have learned not to offer unless asked though. :smile: . Send me a friend request.
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Honesty and respect and offing the truth to friends and giving support and encouragement:):)
  • Dolphingirlie81
    Options
    Dolphin - ask anyone I deal with, I'm blunt and straighforward. I wouldn't call it criticism, I call it truth...though it is unadulterated. Most of it is along the lines of the same advice with a whole bunch of issues being the question. The advice is almost always along the lines of: Stop making excuses / whining. No one else is going to do it for you, nor should be counted on to always help. You will screw up, get going again. Diets do NOT work...net caloric deficits and lean mass building over a LONG period of time do. Etc, etc. If you want sugar and fluff, I'm not your guy...

Oh, and the first time I give advice, I do it kindly. If someone comes back looking for pity, or a new 'easier' answer is when I get very blunt. It's what helped me, and it may help others. If not, they can look for their advice elsewhere. In the end, it's all about helping, just in a different way than many are used to.

I'm not looking for pity or sugar coating or the easy answer.I know there is no easy answer. I'm looking for direct truth. In all honestly I'm still learning the process of changing to a healtly lifestyle.
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    engineman321 is pretty honest and straight forward! its refreshing!