Confession: I am a blockhead

Options
Like many blockheads, I assumed it was possible to control my weight through magical thinking, underestimating calories consumed, ignoring snacks and overcounting the contribution of my workouts.

Well, those days are over. I am now counting calories with MFP.

So if you're feeling dumb for falling into the same trap, I'm starting a club, feel free to join. But I'm the President, ok? No muscling in on my title.

Replies

• HHdeern66
    HHdeern66 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. Let me add that I know so much about losing weight that I think that I can " wing it". I think that I don't have to count anything bacause I'm above that. Also, calories fom foods that are from my home country ( Germany) don't count. Funny, how we can fool ourself. Recently saw a picture somebody else took and didn't recognize myself. It's time to face the music and start tracking. El Presidente....I want to take this jurney with you.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,606 Member
    Options
    Don’t forget pantry cleaning.
  • 227jdh7v9j
    227jdh7v9j Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I would also like to join the club, I have been using the MFP for 380 plus day and found that I was a complete Muppet when it came to thinking how many calories I was actually eating. This app has totally changed my way of thinking , and eating in such a positive way and I have found the app such a simple way of life to help me with reaching my weight goal and well being
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    More blockhead thinking: after 45 minutes of lifting weights I deserve a 310 calorie donut.