Bye-abetes (sorry about the awful pun)

Options
In summer 2021, I had my blood test and my glucose level was 46 points, I was diagnosed as pre diabetic,

I decided to get myself a PT and sort my life out. I was around 156kg.

Last week I had a follow up test and the glucose level has dropped to 38 points which is in the 'normal' range. I've also lost about 30kg, which is great.

But for me the important stat is the glucose one. The news also came when I was plateauing and feeling like I was going nowhere.

So don't give up folks.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    This is so wonderful: IMO, the health improvements are the really priceless gifts from weight management & fitness improvement.

Congratulations, and keep up the great work!
  • deadenddiva
    deadenddiva Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Good for you, that is a lot of pressure off of your knees and pancreas, and you probably won't have to go the insulin route!
  • Dwyndle
    Dwyndle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What fantastic news! As a retired PT who did most of my papers at Uni on diabetes, obesity and the effects of diet and exercise, I am always thrilled to hear success stories like yours! The hard work is worth every penny, especially further down the road. Keep it up and Well Done!
  • Oste906
    Oste906 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kind regards
  • Snapshotgirl
    Snapshotgirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I love your pun!!!
  • valMFPgal
    valMFPgal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi...I loved your pun "and" your fitness journey thus far. Very Inspiring! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!