New and need moivationn

Options
For ever i have been overweightt..:grumble: and im done :happy: but i dont have the will power i need tons of motivation.:smooched:

Replies

• nellie3294
    Options
    For ever i have been overweightt..:grumble: and im done :happy: but i dont have the will power i need tons of motivation.:smooched:
  • MIDGEKIN
    MIDGEKIN Posts: 113
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!! GOOOOO NELLIE!!! lol!!! We are all here to motivate!!! Good luck!!
  • throughHisstrength
    Options
    We're here for you. A great place to start is to make little goals and changes so that it's easier to stick with. Maybe try swapping out soda for water or something else that's healthier and you can do. Good luck to you, you can do this!!!:tongue:
  • garimac
    garimac Posts: 174
    Options
    You can do it if you put your mind to it!
    Just yell out for help if you need it.
  • babyhippo
    Options
    Hello and Welcome! So glad you decided to join us.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new on here too. I have had the same problem all my life. Loose the weight and gain it back and more. Now I'm 58yrs old and two yrs ago diagnosed with diabeties due to over weight, just seen a doctor about kidney problems. Being way over weight, smoke, and being diebetic now , high blood pressure......doc says I am HIGH risk for heart attack. So to keep you from having any of my health problems that I done to myself by not loosing and keeping the weight off, hopefully it will be motivation for you before it happens to you. And yes I have to quit smoking to, I just started and have gone from two packs a day down to one pack. Probably will have to buy patches to help. Take good care of yourself:flowerforyou:
  • doglvr_75
    Options
    Welcome Nellie & Aunt Karen---this website is awesome...good luck to you both:flowerforyou:
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    There are a lot of us out there who have experienced, are experiencing exactly what you and auntkaren are. Many illnesses that are directly due to weight can be turned around by losing it. Take each day separately from all others and realize that your weight just didn't show up it happened over a long time and it won't come off magically.

You'll be able to see your progress daily and get a much better understanding as to what a portion really is and you have the entire MFP community, in various stages of success and struggle, to reach out to for guidance.

Welcome aboard we're all behind you.
  • TZUVELLA
    Options
    Welcome Nellie.. and I wish you all the best:smile: ... I only started doing this about 1 month ago.. And it works (down 1 size w/in the first 3wks!!) and is very informative and kinda fun.. My tricks are to still eat foods that I like but I am already reaching for healthier snacks rather than lets say Chocolate.. but yes I still eat choc too. Just moderation and since you enter your foods you begin to take notice of what your eating more and more.. My other trick for myself is that I don't say I am dieting.. I am changing the way I eat.. "keeping track of what I eat".. :wink: ps... remember only you see this info so be truthful.. I also include my cocktails... and have cut out beer completely.. ha ha.. really empty calories anyways... click on all the tabs and read other peoples comments and reply's ideas and recipes.. ALL VERY HELPFUL AND MOTIVATING...
  • mknott
    mknott Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm still fairly new here as well and motivation has always been my greatest defeat! I don't have the self will power. But this time is different for some reason. I feel so proud of myself when I say no to a cookie and I feel so good after a work out. Give yourself credit for the things you DO accomplish, focus less on what you aren't accomplishing! Start small. I've seen people start melting off the weight just by drinking water instead of soda, cappuccino and juice. I agree with those who say to make small goals. One step at a time. The smaller the goal, the easier to achieve. Then keep growing your goals as you go. You can sneak in a cookie now and then, but just be careful of what kind of cookie you choose and how often, and adding lots of physical activity to your day should help you melt away the fat. If you make a mistake, oh well - you can always start over. Focus on the BEGINNING, starting, doing, working it. Forget trying to look so far ahead that it seems daunting!
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Once again rheston said it best....

welcome....:flowerforyou:

zen
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Great to have you here! Welcome and best of luck!