Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Confession: I am a blockhead

Like many blockheads, I assumed it was possible to control my weight through magical thinking, underestimating calories consumed, ignoring snacks and overcounting the contribution of my workouts.

Well, those days are over. I am now counting calories with MFP.

So if you're feeling dumb for falling into the same trap, I'm starting a club, feel free to join. But I'm the President, ok? No muscling in on my title.

Replies

• HHdeern66
    HHdeern66 Posts: 23 Member
    I'm right there with you. Let me add that I know so much about losing weight that I think that I can " wing it". I think that I don't have to count anything bacause I'm above that. Also, calories fom foods that are from my home country ( Germany) don't count. Funny, how we can fool ourself. Recently saw a picture somebody else took and didn't recognize myself. It's time to face the music and start tracking. El Presidente....I want to take this jurney with you.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,054 Member
    Welcome!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,272 Member
    Don’t forget pantry cleaning.
  • 227jdh7v9j
    227jdh7v9j Posts: 1 Member
    Hi I would also like to join the club, I have been using the MFP for 380 plus day and found that I was a complete Muppet when it came to thinking how many calories I was actually eating. This app has totally changed my way of thinking , and eating in such a positive way and I have found the app such a simple way of life to help me with reaching my weight goal and well being
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    More blockhead thinking: after 45 minutes of lifting weights I deserve a 310 calorie donut.