Your favorite running watch?

Options
My Garmin 235 finally went kaput after 4 years. I need my data!! 😭😭 what’s your favorite watch?

I DO NOT want Apple- for various reasons. Things I want: accuratish heart rate monitoring, super accurate GPS, maybe music (??), long battery life, options for other exercise. Thoughts?

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,397 Member
    Options
    I'm stuck with Garmin. Sometimes I keep looking at Suunto because they look cool, but I'm using Garmin. Have a look at www.DCrainmaker.com and look at a couple of reviews. They tell you everything about battery life, gps accuracy and lots of other things.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,922 Member
    Options
    Check out the SUUNTO 9 Baro. I'm biased though, I like their product.
  • kevinuc74
    kevinuc74 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have the Garmin Forerunner 955 and love it. GPS is great on it. I run a lot training and running marathons and this one has been wonderful. Tracks a long list of other activities too. I think the battery life is really good. You can add music too it but I've never used that feature.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,182 Member
    Options
    My Garmin 235 finally went kaput after 4 years. I need my data!! 😭😭 what’s your favorite watch?

I DO NOT want Apple- for various reasons. Things I want: accuratish heart rate monitoring, super accurate GPS, maybe music (??), long battery life, options for other exercise. Thoughts?

in the last three years nearly all of these watches are accurate (enough).

I have a Triathlon/Running garmin, the 745, it's more than I need and a bit clunky and big.

I'm considering something more watch like. The Garmin Venu 3 is the latest and it has a near complete merger of Activity capability, and more plain watch like style....after about ten years I'm considering leaving the Garmin ecosystem and getting a Pixel Watch 2.

Lastly, I'm kind of broke, so I'll probably keep using my clunky big 745 for a few more years until it breaks. :)
  • Turtle9952
    Turtle9952 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Garmin Fenix 7X
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'm a Garmin guy through and through
  • Jb4274
    Jb4274 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Of the watches I’ve tried I feel like my garmin is the most accurate and offers the most value.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the Garmin Fenix.
  • KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Garmin always. Just got the fenix 7 having had the 6. Bought my husband who needs something more basic the forerunner 55
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Just bought a Garmin Venu Music

I LOVE it and I can't wait to go for some long runs once it warms up. Just running on the treadmill for now

Love the Garmin Connect app.
  • Zakkery86
    Zakkery86 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey, I’m still running with the 235 and on my second strap! If that suits your needs you can find them on eBay otherwise the 245 is the equivalent. I started running with an Apple Watch (series 2, so OLD) and found the features/menus and pop ups too irritating and hard to navigate with gloves on in 🥶 winter. Hence the switch to Garmin. Good luck
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,118 Member
    Options
    I recently upgraded from a Vivoactive 4 to a Forerunner 255 and I'm happy :smile:
    The 255 has been replaced by the supposedly improved 265, but I intentionally chose the 255 because I prefer to not have a touchscreen and amoled display.
  • yirara
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    I recently upgraded from a Vivoactive 4 to a Forerunner 255 and I'm happy :smile:
    The 255 has been replaced by the supposedly improved 265, but I intentionally chose the 255 because I prefer to not have a touchscreen and amoled display.

My Fenix 7 has a touch screen, and at times it's convenient. Not at others, mind, like when a drop of rain falls onto the display. But amoled is a total no for me due to battery drain.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,118 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »

My Fenix 7 has a touch screen, and at times it's convenient. Not at others, mind, like when a drop of rain falls onto the display. But amoled is a total no for me due to battery drain.

My Vivoactive had a touchscreen and I accidentally ended paused activities on more than one occasion, I'm quite happy with my buttons now :smiley:
    And my 255 is amazing where battery life is concerned - probably because it doesn't have amoled!
  • yirara
    Options
    yirara wrote: »

My Vivoactive had a touchscreen and I accidentally ended paused activities on more than one occasion, I'm quite happy with my buttons now :smiley:
    And my 255 is amazing where battery life is concerned - probably because it doesn't have amoled!

Yes, this! In my watch I can define where I want to use buttons and where touchscreen, or both. I did switch off the touchscreen for activities :D
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I've been using Garmins for ages and my trusty Fenix has served me well for years. If you're not looking for a multi-sport watch it may be overkill.

Having said that, when I was diving I trusted my life to Suunto dive computers (before I get dogpiled, I also manually planned dives using tables) and their quality was stellar. I would assume that the same holds true for their sports watches.