Hi im new here and wondering.....

Options
Hi I am new here. Just trying to lose some weight like everyone else :D I am wondering those how can i put in exercise from a work out video?? I have tried different this and nothing is working. Anyone know how you can do that?

Replies

• KLo924
    KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :) Depending on the workout video you can enter different forms of exercise - calisthenics, dance, etc. - and just estimate as best as possible.
  • cdc33
    cdc33 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Is it a walking tape? I put mine under walking brisk pace 3.5mph I do the tape walk away the pounds I hope this helps other than that I got nothing. If your looking for support feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • CMGemstone
    CMGemstone Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have the same problems as I don't have a heart rate monitor yet. I look up general arobics or circuit training depending on what the workout is and use that. It won't be exact, but it should be pretty close! Good luck to you!
  • jambs5
    jambs5 Posts: 114
    Options
    Hello,
    It depends on what exercise dvds youre doing. I do Leslie Sansone's Walk At Home 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk and I checked out calories burned doing High Impact Aerobics (as it includes boost at end of each mile) for so many minutes. I added that dvd to my cardio exercise and used the calories burned. Hope this helps. Feel free to add me for encouragement/support. Have a great day.
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I logged it under Aerobics, then you pick how much effort. I use my heart rate monitor now.
  • Emwalker3406
    Emwalker3406 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    For my leslie sanson DVDs i list them as aerobic general since she even states in them its aerobic when i do my ripped in 30 DVDs i list it as circuit since its strength, cardio then, abs in a cycle. I hope this helps.
  • Soccer_chick916
    Soccer_chick916 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! For calisthenics like 30 day shred I use circuit training, I researched calories burned on the web and that is the most accurate one. I renamed it on my own exercise log. If I am doing something high cardio like dance or zumba, usually pick the aerobics or dance option. Its not always 100 percent accurate but it is a good estimate.
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    hi! if it helps, i had once asked some people how to put Jillian Michaels 30 day shred in and was told that Circut Training was the closest and best way to go.
  • verucasalt98801
    Options
    Thank you ladies, I will look into it. Good luck to you all :)
  • verucasalt98801
    Options
    Thank you it is Jillian Michaels so i will go that way.