Foods you didnt like before, that you do now...

Options
So, I dont know if its just a 'trying to lose weight' thing or an 'I'm getting older' thing, but I find myself liking some foods more now that I ever did before, I actually sort of crave them now....

Onions, I used to hate the smell of them, now I want them sauteed on everything!!
Mushrooms, never really disliked them but now I want to eat them everyday, just steam them up and let's go!!!

Just a few...

Are there any things that you have had a change of heart on?

Replies

• Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I used to hate Black olives and spinach

and seaweed salad loved it when i first had it..........just have never wanted it again.
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Sweet potatoes/yams and other things I vowed I'd NEVER eat I now eat and like most of them. I also do things I vowed I'd never do like measure my food:)
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    ive started hating certain foods now that i never used to before i dont think ive started like any unfortunately
  • depurs20
    Options
    Asparagus!
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes!!! I have always used ketchup and love salsa, but I couldn't stand tomatoes. Now I eat them on everything... sandwiches, hamburgers, etc.
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I used to get really bad heartburn from Bell Peppers, I tried them occasionally to see if it changed. Just recently (last year or so) it finally changed and I now enjoy eating these things. I have always loved onions, sadly they give me gas though.
  • Greenwellj
    Options
    As you clear you system from the unhealthy stuff, your body will actually crave good things.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Cheese! I used to be ok with it on a burger and that was it. Now I eat it in everything! And I can drink skim milk with cookies or cake, which never would have happened before. My cheese change really wasn't for the best, of course.
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I used to hate sushi, now I can't stay away from it :P
  • shannon_stallone
    Options
    I used to hate mushrooms, now love them! It disgusts my husband since he hates them...And I love beets! My work has roasted golden beets which are to die for
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Definitely spinach and avocado for me, now I eat them almost everyday!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Never liked Milk (I know, UnAmerican) and NEVER drank it unless it had chocolate & ice cream in it LOL but I drink 1% milk now and it hasn't killed me yet
  • ammbbbeeeerrrrr
    Options
    onions! I still don't like them chopped up in my food, but i love the smell of them, and I ate onion rings not too long ago and really enjoyed them!
  • gatorgirl7
    gatorgirl7 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    i used to HATE banana's and beans (gross!) but now i'll eat a banana straight up or w/ pb and honey on whole wheat toast (a great post long run breakfast)--that being said i don't LOVE it, but i'll do it :) and i now eat black beans (HUGE deal) and occassionally kidney beans (but only if they're in chili and i just can't think about it)
  • ammbbbeeeerrrrr
    Options
    & bananas! but i'm not a fan of apples anymore. lol
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Avocados ... I have always liked guacamole, but for whatever reason, I would never eat plain avocados. Now, I'm almost addicted to them.

Peant butter ... believe it or not, as I kid, I HATED peanut butter, but I discovered Jif Natural last year, and I could literally eat a whole jar of it in one sitting if I let myself.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I think eating healthier changes your palatte a little. I haven't tried things I didn't like before lately, but a lot of the bad things i used to love don't taste as good anymore.
  • awilson2010
    Options
    Sweet potatoes/yams and other things I vowed I'd NEVER eat I now eat and like most of them.

I LOVE sweet potato fries now (baked, of course ;)) however the one & only time I ever tried sweet potatoes I hated them (I think it was a texture thing).

I eat olives on pizza, but I don't eat them whole or raw. I still don't like mushrooms either! but, before my lifestyle change there weren't too many things that I didn't like eating. I always loved fruit & veggies growing up! and when I don't like a food its usually more about texture than taste.
  • awilson2010
    Options
    I used to hate mushrooms, now love them! It disgusts my husband since he hates them...And I love beets! My work has roasted golden beets which are to die for

I used to eat beets all the time! my nanny used to make her own pickled beets & i ate the whole jar haha
  • SerenaP82
    SerenaP82 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit and Peanut butter. Now I love them both and eat them almost everyday :) ..................Not together lol