The thread where we find an alternate word...for other words

Options
Iamfit4life
Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
First word: Boyfriend

Why it needs to be changed: Some of us are grown ups, and do not want to talk about their loved one and feel like the next word out of their mouth will be something about a "rented limo"

Things I've tried: Significant Other-boring, Siggy- I sound insane, as$hole-well... he isn't one, sweet meat-this always leads to me being called "muffin as$"

SO in this thread we can submit either words that need to be replaced, or suggestions on replacement words.

Replies

• TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I just say, my hunny.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    How about "my lovor"

12820322-jpeg_preview_large.jpg?w=320&h=240
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I refer to mine as my "guy".... it gets the picture across :wink:
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    My other half...

I worked in a business profession when we were to together and I hated telling people my "boyfriend." It made me sound 15....
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I call mine honey, but I'm a brewer who has a strong affinity for honey, so it's more meaningful to me than most others.
  • WhiteTonight
    WhiteTonight Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Beau (or in my case, I call my husband "Boo") :)
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Partner. Where I live there are a lot of long-term older couples who are not married and they always use partner to describe their significant others. When you're 45 and have been together 15-20 years it seems silly to use "boyfriend". I like the term partner, I feel like relationships should be partnerships, so I think it's a good word.
  • Iamfit4life
    Options
    I call mine honey, but I'm a brewer who has a strong affinity for honey, so it's more meaningful to me than most others.

sthats sweet
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Best word ever 'horny'...

My boss at the last place I used to work at, would occasionally come into the kitchen (friday/saturday night) and judging on how busy the town was (hockey games, tournaments in town etc) he's say somethin like 'i think its gonna get pretty horny in the bar'...then walk back to the dining room. The kitchen staff would just :indifferent: at eachother,..from then on, every time he said it (like once a month if we were lucky) we found it sooooooo funny.

We started using it for everything.

Busy night? Horny night.

Had an intense beach volleyball game? It got pretty horny.

Oooo, look at that lambourghini!! Looks pretty horny.

I like my hot turkey like I like my women. 'horny?'

Trust me...instantly makes any adjective 3-12x funnier.
  • Iamfit4life
    Options

My boss at the last place I used to work at, would occasionally come into the kitchen (friday/saturday night) and judging on how busy the town was (hockey games, tournaments in town etc) he's say somethin like 'i think its gonna get pretty horny in the bar'...then walk back to the dining room. The kitchen staff would just :indifferent: at eachother,..from then on, every time he said it (like once a month if we were lucky) we found it sooooooo funny.

Busy night? Horny night.

awesome
  • Iamfit4life
    Options

Busy night? Horny night.

awesome