Apple time! Low calorie sweet tooth killer :)

Options
mltdown
mltdown Posts: 311 Member
I have been experimenting with healthy dessert ideas and this is one I enjoy with pork chops and a salad.

3 medium fuji apples ( I liked fuji the best as far as taste went, but feel free to use whatever you like)
1 tablespoon lemon juice ( or one medium lemon squeezed)
1/4 cup brown sugar splenda
1 tea cinnamon
1 tea nutmeg
1/2 tea ginger ( or instead of these three spices add 2 teaspoons of apple pie spice)
3 tablespoons of water
1 package of quaker weightcontrol brown sugar oatmeal

preheat oven to 375 degrees
To cut apples I use a apple wedger and corer and I like the size of the slices, but if you want them skinned and chopped that would be fine too, just reduce cooking time.spinkle lemon juice, brown sugar and spices mix together well. Put them in a baking pan I used a 8' by 8' stone to cook them, but you could use anything. spinkle oatmeal package over apples and then spinkle water over entire dish. cook for 30-40 minutes depending on how tender you want the apples I like them not too soggy so you may want to cook longer. Let cool then enjoy! I have put these right on pork chops, or added a little sugar free light whipped cream for a afternoon snack! Yum :)

oh gosh i forgot to add the nutritional facts

1/4 cup serving

calories 65g
carbs 15g
fat 0g
protein 1g
sugar 9g
sodium 25

Replies

• babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    bumped to try some day!!! looks yummy!!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I have been experimenting with healthy dessert ideas and this is one I enjoy with pork chops and a salad.

3 medium fuji apples ( I liked fuji the best as far as taste went, but feel free to use whatever you like)
    1 tablespoon lemon juice ( or one medium lemon squeezed)
    1/4 cup brown sugar splenda
    1 tea cinnamon
    1 tea nutmeg
    1/2 tea ginger ( or instead of these three spices add 2 teaspoons of apple pie spice)
    3 tablespoons of water
    1 package of quaker weightcontrol brown sugar oatmeal

preheat oven to 375 degrees
    To cut apples I use a apple wedger and corer and I like the size of the slices, but if you want them skinned and chopped that would be fine too, just reduce cooking time.spinkle lemon juice, brown sugar and spices mix together well. Put them in a baking pan I used a 8' by 8' stone to cook them, but you could use anything. spinkle oatmeal package over apples and then spinkle water over entire dish. cook for 30-40 minutes depending on how tender you want the apples I like them not too soggy so you may want to cook longer. Let cool then enjoy! I have put these right on pork chops, or added a little sugar free light whipped cream for a afternoon snack! Yum :)
    how many calories in a serving?
  • melliemel818
    melliemel818 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    sounds delicious! I'll def. be making these!
  • mltdown
    mltdown Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    oh gosh i forgot to add the nutritional facts

1/4 cup serving

calories 65g
    carbs 15g
    fat 0g
    protein 1g
    sugar 9g
    sodium 25
  • horsepullerlovesme
    Options
    bump :heart:
  • kaylynn54
    Options
    bump :-)
  • bmccrory2
    bmccrory2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Sounds good!!
  • vees89
    Options
    That sounds sooo good! Will definitately be making some in the coming weeks!! Thanks!
  • beckymike36
    beckymike36 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    bump