App Continuously Resets Goals

Options
I have been on MFP since 2014 and have been a premium user most of the time since they introduced the function. I am on the verge of changing to a different app because of the problems that I’m having.

My problem started this spring. The app resets my calorie goals my macro goals and my saturated fat goals. It sometimes does this multiple times per week. Deleting and reinstalling the app will work for a short amount of time. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve had to do this.

I have a very lengthy email chain with the technical team. It has been less than helpful. I’ve been told that I don’t know how to use the app after years of using it. I’ve had them reset the goals themselves, and then pointed out to them when the goals changed again. nothing changed on my end prior to the start of the problem. I am still using the same iPhone.

Has anyone else had this experience? If so, what helped resolve it

Answers

• SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 909 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Yes, I’ve had this problem for months.

There is no current resolution that I know of.
    I’ve been making custom goals as a work around but for being a premium paid member.. it’s frustrating to have to do a work around rather than get it fixed.
  • RenaPink11
    RenaPink11 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Yes, happens to me all of the time. Just happened yesterday. I am not a premium member.
  • clarity8796
    clarity8796 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Thanks to you both. I am sorry that you are also experiencing this frustrating problem.

I appreciate you taking the time to let me know that I wasn’t the only one. I really miss the days when this was a good app.
  • clarity8796
    Options
    @SafariGalNYC - Would you mind saying what you do as a workaround?
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    @SafariGalNYC - Would you mind saying what you do as a workaround?

I input custom goals for every day. It’s been more reliable.. but still hope MFP finds a way to fix the original issue.
  • dede19mfp
    dede19mfp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a new premium user. Previously I used the free version. My dietician has given me specific goals for carbs, protein and sodium. As well as calories. I noticed today the app changed the goals I set for carbs, sodium and calories. The only thing different I did today was to enter today’s weight. Luckily I noticed the goals were changed rather than rely on the values I had left today. All those goal numbers were increased by the app.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,121 Member
    Options
    I'n not sure this is why all of you are having issues, but some people confuse updating their weight (adding a new weigh-in) with changing their starting weight in their goals.
    Any changes in the goal set-up will trigger a reset of the calorie goal etc.
    Adding weigh-ins (via Progress) should not update the calorie and nutritional goals (well, not unless there is a bug, which some of you might be experiencing)
  • clarity8796
    Options
    @SafariGalNYC - thanks so much! It’s frustrating to pay for something that doesn’t do basic functionality.

@dede19mfp - that sounds similar to my experiences.

@Lietchi - I do things the same way I have been doing them for years and I never had a problem up until the last year.

I have a weight goal. I have a daily calorie goal. I have custom set macros and saturated fats. My scale is connected to MFP so that is what makes the daily weigh in entries.

I have no reason to (nor do I want to) change the weight, calorie, or custom macro and saturated fat goals. As mentioned, this worked correctly for a long time.

MFP changes the calorie, macro and saturated fat goals. I change them back, and MFP changes them again. I would estimate that I have uninstalled and reinstalled this app over 50 times. I have disconnected and reconnected my scale. It’s really quite infuriating.