Make up

Options
My hair color changed and its time to buy new makeup...but WOW there are way too many choices and colors! What are your favorites?

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I got with a metallic bronze eyeshadow. Eyeliner makes my eyes look smaller. Normally I don't wear makeup...
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Go to a cosmetic counter at a department store, they'll usually do your makeup for free, in hopes that you'll buy something. They usually come up with some cute ideas.
  • igora_soma
    Options
    What color did you dye your hair? I'm a fan of softer more natural colors. Also, what color are your eyes?
  • bandlfox
    Options
    I have blondish hair and green eyes, and Im very pale!
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Neturals, golds, purples, bronzes, peach blush and soft pink blush are all colors that would look great on you.
  • igora_soma
    Options
    I like purples and there is a good clinique duo with two golden shades that really bring out green eyes! I would recommend going to a few makeup counters and getting ideas. It can be hit or miss you it's nice to have a variety of opinions :)
  • bandlfox
    Options
    Any favorite brands? I have used everything from Chanel to Revlon and the foundation just sits on my face! I think I am liking the mineral make up but again with the choices, eegads.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Any favorite brands? I have used everything from Chanel to Revlon and the foundation just sits on my face! I think I am liking the mineral make up but again with the choices, eegads.
    Bare Minerals is the best. Pricey at first but it lasts a long time!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Autumn hues really bring out my eyes.
  • EricaLaurenRN
    Options

I'm definitey a fan of Bare Minerals for foundation. NARS also has really great foundation and tinted moisturizers and Tarte makes really great bronzers and eye shadows. I have green eyes as well and in the winter I try to go for more subtle purples and browns from Tarte.

When I'm running low on money AND makeup....Sephora brand has really great products as well :)
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    i rarely wear eyeshadow unless i'm 'dressing up' but i usually will switch up my eyeliner colors, ranging from jet blacks, to grays, to greens and blues, and usually a dark mascara, but sometimes i'll switch the color on that as well. i focus more on accentuating my eyes than matching it with my hair color of choice. i don't do foundations, blushes, bronzers etc though
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Go to Ulta or Sephora and get a free makeover. Not only did they help me pick out some bold colors I wouldn't have thought to try on my own, but they also showed me how to apply it!
  • PZlady
    PZlady Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I used to do color analysis to determine the "season" of a person's skin undertone. You're either gold or blue & it doesn't matter what your race, ethnic origin, sex, parents' seasons, etc are. To simplify: put a gold cloth up to your neck so only your face can been seen (no chest) and then top that with a black or Christmas red cloth and watch your face in the mirror. Keep dropping the black/red fabric to see what change(s) you see in your face (black > gold > black > gold). Pretty soon you'll see the changes that each color makes to your face - how it appears to be older/younger, healthy/sickly, depressed/pleasant. Once you can see the difference the colors make, and decide which is better, you can choose your makeup color to enhance your looks. The black (winter/summer seasons) would need cool colors and the gold (spring/autumn) would need earth tones. It's really quite simple & fun. Go ahead...give it a try; don't fall for fad colors that won't help you look your best. Let me know how you made out.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Go to a cosmetic counter at a department store, they'll usually do your makeup for free, in hopes that you'll buy something. They usually come up with some cute ideas.

You know, call me crazy paranoid but for some reason I don't trust them. Ever since I saw the movie "The Truth About Cats and Dogs", I am scared to let one of those chicks put any make up on me. I feel like I will end up looking like the chick from that movie...
  • igora_soma
    Options
    I really like Tarte's tinted moisturizer, but I've heard the Sephora one is pretty good. Otherwise I use Clinique and MAC :)