Any like-minded ladies in their 40s?

Options
I’m seeking a circle of support! I’m in my 40s and I have 80+ pounds to lose. I’m witnessing my mother‘s health decline, and I want to give myself the best shot possible for optimal health as I age. I also want to feel as though I am not trapped in my body. If any of resonates with you, please reach out! This is something that I know I can only do with adequate support.

Replies

• Janellew86
    Janellew86 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 and trying to lose a lot of weight.
  • MariaTheGhoul
    MariaTheGhoul Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 but I'd love to be accountability partners! :)
  • WorkingonME80
    WorkingonME80 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yay! I definitely need an accountability partner. I’m so grateful I found a few, here!
  • mmatcha_latte
    mmatcha_latte Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 and need to lose 100 lbs! I'd love to meet more folks and support one another 😊
  • rfurlongg2014
    rfurlongg2014 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Please add me! I have 10lbs to loose and nothing I do seems to help.
  • Bec_40
    Bec_40 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Same here! I’ve got 80lbs to lose (have lost 20, so 60 left) and am 40. Poor family health and trying to provide myself with the best possible future. Please all add me for an accountability friend. I need as much help as possible to stay motivated at the moment 😀
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I turn 39 in a few months, so I don't quite meet the cutoff, but I can relate! I watch my parents, other older relatives, and even peers struggle with weight and fitness related challenges and don't want to go down the same road. I want to set myself for long-term independence and mobility by managing my nutrition and focusing on activities that promote joint and bone health, mobility, and flexibility (yay running, liftinga and yoga!) Feel free to add me!
  • EmilyR7180
    EmilyR7180 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same I have 50 lbs to lose
  • rhnlov
    rhnlov Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I’m 44 and just lost 80 lbs . It is possible with watching what I eat and not eating after a certain time. I have neuropathy in my legs and exercise is hard but I ended up using a weight loss shot which help curb food and after that just maintain how your eating . I haven’t been on it for 4 months and lost even more not being on shot. It was a boost I guess my body needed to jump start it
  • EarlyBirdChick
    EarlyBirdChick Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m looking for some accountability partners, I’m 44 and need to loose 40lbs or so. I like Yoga, walking and weights ☀️ 🐥
  • ebrow805
    ebrow805 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm not yet 40 but I'm getting closer. My goal is first to get below 200lbs. I'm currently 230lbs my ideal weight is somewhere around 170lbs. I find that I can be pretty good with sticking to goals but, really feel depressed when the scale doesn't move. I'd love to have someone to talk with about goals, struggles, successful days, recipe or snack ideas. I'd love to have some accountability partners that can be encouraging.
  • Chrissiehotgilchrist
    Options
    I’d love to be part of this. I’ve just wasted a shitload of money with a personal trainer, and I still look the same. Hoping you can advise how we can best support each other. I’m older but act young so hope that’s ok. I’ve realised my extra little ‘this won’t hurt’ snacks are my downfall.
  • KayKav100
    KayKav100 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 and have 60lb to lose!
  • SLara2012
    SLara2012 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am looking for some accountability partners as well! 40 with two kids under 10 years old. Looking to lose 50 lbs. Tired of feeling tired!