I'm New

Options
Hi,

I have just joined as I have tried all of the other diets and I just dont seem to be able to stick to them - I am a 33 year old woman and have around 84 pounds to lose. It is a huge amount and seems a bit daunting. I like the idea of this because i have downloaded the app for my phone and it appears to be about healthy choices rather than telling you what you can and can't eat. I just have to stay motivated and get it done :smile:

Replies

• messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Amanda, you'll love it here!! :)
  • cathie2903
    cathie2903 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I started here about a month ago and I can honestly say it's the best move I have made as regards changing my lifestyle habits. The support you get from others in the same boat is amazing and has kept me going and feeling positive.

You can boost others and then, if things get a bit tough, post a comment and all your "friends" give you the motivation to keep going.

If you want to add me as a friend, please do.....but good luck anyway.:flowerforyou:
  • BeachyBecky
    BeachyBecky Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! I have about 55 to lose and I started Wednesday of last week. I love this site!
  • JigglyPuff2011
    JigglyPuff2011 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You can do it.. this is a great site and the people are very supportive. I have lost 20lbs so far and I still have a lot more to loose but I feel like I am really on my way. I have done the yo yo dieting before too and always gained the weight back. but what i have learned on this site is that it is a life style change and it can be done. feel free to add me if you like, good look hope to see you around!
  • amandaparker78
    Options
    Thanks everyone - I am definately feeling positive about it and everyone on this site seems very friendly x
  • brianna789
    Options
    Welcome, Good Luck!!
  • riskqueen
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!! Friend me if you want and we can motivate each other. I've been on here a few months and am starting to see results. :bigsmile:
  • krystalgwen
    krystalgwen Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey amanda :)

welcome
    this is such a great place to work towards your goal the people are so supportive and friendly if you ever need support feel free to add me as a friend.

Also I see you have quite a bit to lose as do I and I wanted to tell you what I'm doing to lose the weight. Its the 17 day diet. Its amazing. Research it and you can learn what its about.

I just re started it yesterday so no results yet but they will come.
    I know this because I have already been on this diet and lost 12 pds in 17 days . With only following the eating guidelines and exercising for atleast 15 minutes a day. I do more activity now though.

P.s its not just 17 days its actually 3 cycles of 17 days the first 17 are the hardest but belive me they are worth it if you stick to it.

I hope this helps and if it seems like its not for you thats okay just eating healthy and exercising works :)

Enjoy MFP

--Krystal
  • sharon0610
    sharon0610 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been using this site now for awile. I love it... it really helps to see what is going in vs. what is going out. I am a personal trainer and am going to use this site to monitor my clients. I hope you all see this as I do, as a lifestyle change, not a diet. If we view this as a diet we will surely fail. No one can stay on a diet forever. But if we make lifestyle changes, food, exercise, sleep habits, we can overcome everything. Please friend me so we can help each other out. ;-)