100+ lbs to lose challenge and support group!

Options

Replies

• sarabhorton
    sarabhorton Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    WTG TwinMom! Congrats on your loss!

Sarah, that sounds like a great motivation, too! Just think - you won't have to *dread* your reunions! :)
  • sarahkova
    sarahkova Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    mmm wine club! I have bunco tonight...might as well call it what it is...wine and cheese club :) yeah we don't play bunco but we tell our husbands we do :) hahaha tonight I am taking pretzels and some sobe life water that I will add some diet 7up to to make it seem like champagne :) hahaha, and I will skip the cheese!

Great job twin mom! I am excited for friday's weigh in! I hope to see a loss of that pesky weight I regained last week!
  • sarahkova
    Options
    today is my weigh in I lost 1.2 lbs today....now at 312.8!
  • Twinmom1221
    Twinmom1221 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I am down 1.8 pounds this week. I'm ready to really be on task this week so I can hit the 20 lb mark next week.
  • sarahkova
    Options
    ohh fingers crossed for you that you hit the 20lb mark! I can't wait until things calm down and my weekends aren't crazy I feel like I am sabotaging myself every single weekend and that sucks!
  • cori314
    cori314 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I had planned to really kick things into gear October the first (even though its a Saturday). I went to buy my bridesmaid dress yesterday (ugh! :grumble: ) Instead of waiting until Saturday, I've decided to start changing some things today. Drink more water, limit my sweets (I CAN'T HELP IT!!!!:sad: I :heart: MY CANDY!!!!)
    I already started off wrong. We have a fundraiser at work and one of the therapists made different kinds of muffins. So instead of having regular sized muffins, I bought four mini muffins. So I don't feel too bad. :ohwell:
    Let's see how good I can do. :tongue:
  • sarahkova
    Options
    if you want some great "muffin" recipes that are low in fat check out this site!

I made the spice mix with pumpkin and it was fabulous, also I used I think betty crocker instead of dunkin hines and it was less calories so tehy were only 79 calories they were perfect for me! and my kids loved them...

you can make a bunch and freeze them then on days you have stuff like this you can give a donation then eat your own local creation!

http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1543

mmmm I am gonna try the devils food cake greek yogurt this week!
  • cori314
    Options
    Maybe there's a way to convince all these people baking stuff for our fundraiser to make some healthy stuff. But I know that since the purpose is for them to sell, they're making all kinds of sweet yummy goodies!
    I don't know if I have the discipline to turn down all of these sweets.... :noway:
  • I started in June and quickly dropped 12 lbs. I fought to get the last 3 off but I've been stuck ever since. I've stuck between 210 and 212 for months now. When I start to get frustrated by the lack of progress I pull out the tape measure. While my weight isn't changing at all my measurements have been going down.

The doctor has put me on Metformin to help with the weight loss. Still waiting to see if that will work or not.
  • Twinmom1221
    Options
    I am down just over 2 this week. I'm planning on really working hard this week so I can get down 25lbs this week so I can hit my 10% mark! If not this week then it will totally be next week. It is probably better next week so I don't push it, but I'm very excited. I'm finally down to my post-babies weight which was the lowest I had been in a long time-which is I hope my highest for a long time.
  • cori314
    Options
    Yesterday was a good day. I actually finished the day BELOW my calorie limit!!! WOOHOO!!! :smile: So today is day two of getting myself straight. So far so good. I just can't seem to get myself motivated enough to excersise.:grumble:
    At least I'm eating better, right?:huh:
  • efriling
    efriling Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I have 120 lbs to lose so I'll be here for awhile! Love MFP so far, it has really helped me get a handle on what I'm eating, first weigh in since I joined last week is tomorrow...hoping I see some results! How is everyone else doing?
  • Mcholly777
    Options
    i would like to join i need all the help i can get i'm just getting started i joined mfp in may but wasn't serious about it at the time but trying to get serious now
  • sarahkova
    Options
    welcome! we aren't super active group but i wish we were more so! So post away...you can always find us under "my topics"
  • aliciamarhefki
    Options
    Hi All! I would love to join this group! I have started using MFP before but then got sidetracked with my wedding that I stopped using. So, today is my first day back!! Add me if you would like :)
  • sarahkova
    Options
    welcome to the group!

I started on Dec 28th...did really well until June and then we were doing something ALLL the time, and I just couldn't keep up...lame excuse..but I was able to maintain for the most part gained back a few lbs but not a ton...and am back at it now that things have calmed down!
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've done this once before and I really want this time to be the last time I do it. I'm tired of letting myself down.
  • Twinmom1221
    Options
    Would anyone be interested in formalizing this group a little? I think it would be nice to have a list of those in the group so we know who everyone is. If we want we can add daily challenges or discussion topics. If people are interested, let me know I am willing to work on this.
  • sarahkova
    Options
    sure go for it! that would be great!
  • Guinsmom
    Options
    I think having more organized format would help me stay accountable of signing in and participating more. Thanks for suggesting this, I hope it goes through.