Bariatric Surgery Revision

Options
Hello all,
I’m preparing for Bariatric revision on 12/12/23. I originally had VSG in 2021 and lost 140lbs and have maintained 125lb weight loss for the last 2 years. I’m having a revision to the SADI-S to lose another 80lbs. Where are all my Bariatric warriors?

Replies

• ajkimsey67
    ajkimsey67 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had a bypass in 2019 and have maintained most of my weight loss. I find myself eating more now and falling back into old habits of stress eating and not taking care of myself. That is one reason I’m back on My Fitness Pal….. I did better when I tracked my food intake and was more mindful of how much I was eating.
    I hope your revision goes well and you are able to lose the additional weight you want to lose!!!
  • kndy123
    kndy123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi

I had my gastric bypass on the 4/12, I hope your surgery went well and that your home now and recovering!
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I had my surgery on November 7, 2018. went from 255 to 169. I gained some weight back due to stress eating because of being in a bad relationship. out of that relationship and back to taking care of myself. here for support.
  • lisaartemis324
    lisaartemis324 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am located in Canada and in the Bariatric program. Unsure when my surgery will be but I am working on eating and exercise. I alternate between hope and panic (almost dropped program a few times). Surgery seems big and I am unsure about post surgery life. I use to be quite athletic and want to be active again (go riding, hiking etc). I am curious about after surgery can you be as active? Do you dehydrate faster being active? How does that work? So many questions. Two things to finish off and that is I LOVE finding a group for Bariatric members and I am sorry cyndiemi that you have been treated with a lack of respect and care from other members. I have done many different diets, fitness programs etc and by far the Bariatric program is my most challenging.
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I am located in Canada and in the Bariatric program. Unsure when my surgery will be but I am working on eating and exercise. I alternate between hope and panic (almost dropped program a few times). Surgery seems big and I am unsure about post surgery life. I use to be quite athletic and want to be active again (go riding, hiking etc). I am curious about after surgery can you be as active? Do you dehydrate faster being active? How does that work? So many questions. Two things to finish off and that is I LOVE finding a group for Bariatric members and I am sorry cyndiemi that you have been treated with a lack of respect and care from other members. I have done many different diets, fitness programs etc and by far the Bariatric program is my most challenging.

Always be open with your doctor. Ask lot of questions. Join a bariatric support group. One with active members. join before surgery to ask your questions from those that has had the surgery. Life will never be the same after surgery. Good luck.