Food plan ... anyone ?

Options
Do you recommend any food plan .. I never find any food plan that seam realistic if you know what I mean .. I usually just try to cut out bread and pasta .. and coke and candy .. but like I said .. then comes Saturday and I´m all out .. because I´m revarding my self .. hehe way to go to reward yourself to stuff you with pizza´s candy chips and sodas... and the Monday l don't feel like eating healthy again ..

I´d really love to hear from you .. I just logged on today so I´m new at this :)

Replies

• bitterbrownie
    Options
    i recommend fitting your treats into your calorie allowance :) i leave 100 calories a day for a Skinny Cow Ice Cream after dinner ;p

choose foods you love eating! but try and make them fit into a balanced diet so you're not tempted to go over at the weekend or in the evening. it's all about energy in vs. energy out.

swap coke for diet coke? swap high calorie candy for small/lower calorie versions? as for bread and pasta, it depends whether you're following a low carb diet or just trying to cut down...you can always swap them for wholegrain versions, use less of them or pack meals out with lean meats and veggies :)

hope this helps! and good luck!
  • joninasigrun
    joninasigrun Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    thank you :)

but isn't diet coke more unhealthy than coke ?

and all all that diet this and diet that .. isn't that unhealthier than the real thing ?

I try to stay away from coke on the week days and then I have coke on weekends .. So trying to detox myself away from coke, hehe .. I try to drink soda water .. we have a relly good one in Iceland called Kristall plus .. but i´m not sure how many calories is in it .. its flavored soda water .. I don't even know how to count calories :-/
  • megarooni
    megarooni Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    To be completely honest, right now I am still eating whatever I want. That is the biggest thing I like about MFP. I can eat whatever I want I am not restricted and I know if I go over my calories I just need to workout to get my net back to where it should be. Since starting I have become more aware of what exactly I am eating. As a result, I'm starting to see where substitutions and bringing in other foods can help increase my weight loss and my overall health. Earlier today one of my friends posted this link: http://www.teambeachbody.com/eat-smart/michis-ladder, which has a list of different foods and which ones can should be consumed more than others. I was surprised by some of the foods that more is encouraged. The biggest thing to remember is not to completely cut anything out or completely deprive yourself. Making this change is a life style change not really a diet, if you want it to stick.
    The more I am making different changes the more I see that a lot of this is mind over matter. My boyfriend's sister had gastric bypass and after surgery like that your mind is still telling you to eat copius amounts of food when all your new stomach can really handle is an ounce. I think that comes into play when changing your caloric intake as well. Trial and error never really hurt anyone and you never know what positive changes could come. Cutting out breads and pastas is just going to make you crave and want them more. When buying at the store looking at whole grain options for both make these options healthier. Everything in moderation. Good luck on your journey!
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Pizza...Wings....Chipotle....My weaknesses!!

I still actually ALL of the above. The different between me before and me now is that I plan ahead of time and make sure that my other meals are incredibly healthy. I allow myself my one lunch date a week with my friend and that is the only time I allow myself Chipotle.

Some changes I did make include....Diet or Coke Zero if I REALLY want a pop. At home, I only eat whole grain pasta and brown rice. Fruits and veggies can be found everywhere for snacking. I also got a whole sale membership and buy a TON of chicken and salmon that I portion, so its as simple as pulling something out of the refrigerator.
  • RuthAne
    RuthAne Posts: 130
    Options
    Here is my meal plan from Michael Pollan's In Defense of Food.

Buy foods that are made with five ingredients or fewer.
    Don't eat anything your grandmother or great-grandmother wouldn't recognize as food. (Go-gurt?)
    Eat only foods that will eventually rot.
    Eat all the junk food you want, as long as you cook it yourself.
  • bellaxero
    Options
    about the coke being unhealthy, it has carmel coloring, which is terrible for you (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/02/17/earlyshow/health/main20032758.shtml) . If you want to indulge in soda, try Sprite, or a clear soda. and as far as the diet food, they are usually loaded with chemicals you dont want in your body, you can still eat what you want and just eat smaller portions and still lose weight. the best thing ive seen is to switch out all the white food ( rice, potato etc) for other foods. I make mash with cauliflower instead of potato and its amazing, ill never go back to normal mashed potatoes again.

I personally, switch as much to organic as i can ( make sure to read labels, becuase they might boast being organic, but have added ingredients) and just cut back on the crap. Make your own desserts if you want something sweet, dont use boxed mixes, that way you know exactly what is going in.
  • joninasigrun
    Options
    Does anyone have an A to Z food plan .. what to eat for breakfast,lunch,snack,dinner ... from day to day ... ?

for example .. http://recovery.hiwaay.net/foodplans/how.html
  • joninasigrun
    Options