Is anyone using Premier Powder for daily protein?

Options
csmith1281
csmith1281 Posts: 2 Member
edited December 2023 in Getting Started
I would love to hear you guys opinions 9n the product of you have tried it.

Answers

• csmith1281
    csmith1281 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Premier Protein Powder..any thoughts?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,735 Member
    Options
    From time to time, I've seen other people hear say they use it. It may take a few days for other people to see your question and have time to type a response, though. Asking in the "Food and Nutrition" section could possibly attract more eyes.

I've never tried it. When I first starting losing weight, I worked on getting enough protein from food via changing my routine eating habits. That turned out to be possible, and reasonably easy. I don't think there's anything wrong with protein powder in general, but I don't find it tasty or satisfying personally, so I don't use it. I do like food. ;)

Best wishes for success here!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,806 Member
    Options
    I think this is the one sold at Walmart? I got it and didn’t like the taste, left it on the counter at the gym with a Post-it note “free/take me” and it disappeared immediately. So clearly, someone liked the taste.

I did the same thing with several flavors of One bar protein bars that just tore my tummy up. Also gone within minutes.

The only time I use protein powder is Naked brand unflavored whey protein, which I add to my pancake batter, along with cottage cheese and extra egg whites, to up protein content.

Like Ann, I prefer to eat rather than drink my protein. It’s just more satisfying for me, but YmMV. You may love the stuff and that’s great, if it works for you.

One thing I have found that’s super tasty and very satisfying is the Corepower chocolate protein drink. It’s basically a concentrated milk product, I mix a serving of low fat cottage cheese, a few grams of cocoa (zero cal chocolate syrup works well, too), a bottle of corepower and enough ice to reach the fill line on my Nutribullet and blend til the texture of a Frosty. This gives me about 40gr protein in a snack, which is great for days like today (baking Christmas cookies, so you know where my calories are going….burp) when I’m low on protein.

If I want a change of pace, I add a few drops of peppermint or malt extract, or a serving of peanut butter powder to the blender.

Corepower is about $3 bucks a bottle on Amazon. (It’s so popular it sells out locally). Not cheap, so it’s not an every day thing, but I only use it as a fallback.

Otherwise, I rely on the extra meat I’ve grilled on Saturday or Sunday to use in wraps for lunches to push me over the protein hump.
  • gwmjaz
    gwmjaz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    When my very fit daughter first set up my food plan for me, explaining the macros, she suggested I use a scoop of protein powder everyday, which gives me 24 grams protein, and thereby helps me reach my 74 gram daily minimum. It works great for me since I'm not a big meat eater.
    I add it either to my 2 cups of coffee I have each morning or just add it to some almond milk. You can also add it to a smoothie.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,089 Member
    Options
    I use premier protein liquid as a coffee creamer. I can't have much or I will get a slight tummyache. But the pumpkin spice is sooo good in my coffee. 1/10th a carton in my coffee is fine and makes a great dessert for someone who generally loves savory better than sweet.
    Haven't tried the powder, sorry.
  • chiquitayaya
    chiquitayaya Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I’m a self described flex-Itarian, try to eat vegan but am flexible, so protein drinks have helped me lose 22 lbs, while keeping my nutrition balanced. I like Premier chocolate, and add blueberries, a banana, ground flax seed, and a couple handfuls of fresh spinach, almond milk, ice and water. It makes a lot and I usually have it for breakfast with lots of leftover for lunch. Keeps me satisfied. I’m 82, and feel and look 62, if I do say so myself!
  • chiquitayaya
    chiquitayaya Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    2fu4dyah88dh.jpeg
    Love my premier protein drink! 22 lbs down so far!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,806 Member
    Options
    2fu4dyah88dh.jpeg
    Love my premier protein drink! 22 lbs down so far!

I wanna hang out with you!!!!
  • lillianmevans28
    lillianmevans28 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Been using it on and off for a year I had VSG surgery it helped keep me full and gave me my daily protein but I would suggest only drinking this short term can upset your stomach if used long term trust me