MsCzar
MsCzar Posts: 1,042 Member
edited December 2023 in Health and Weight Loss
In the zone...
All downhill...
Highly motivated...
Easy sailing...
When it clicks...
Whatever you call it, do you experience extended times when minding your food intake is pretty near effortless? Conversely, are there times when curtailing calories seems darned near impossible?
I'm not talking about specific events or one off situations - most of us overindulge on occasion, miss workouts or devour an especially tempting food in excess. I mean weeks or months when suddenly curbing calories feels like the easiest thing in the world.

Is this you? It's certainly me. The Easy switch is either ON or OFF. What about you?

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,406 Member
    Options
    So basically the weight measurements you posted are all those that you have? How can you say then that eating more made you gain weight if you only have one single measurement.

Recomp, with heavy weights, takes time. Would you like to explain what you did? I'm sure someone more versed that me can chime in. @tomcustombuilder maybe?
  • MsCzar
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    So basically the weight measurements you posted are all those that you have? How can you say then that eating more made you gain weight if you only have one single measurement.

Umm... maybe wrong thread?
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,406 Member
    Options
    Yeah. No idea how that happened as I’ve never seen this thread before 😬
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,933 Member
    Options
    No, I haven't found that switch. Mine is more/less.
    I went a hundred or so calories over goal yesterday, mostly protein.
    I woke up at 4am this morning HANGRY. Not unusual. I ate 600 calories before 6 am, then went back to sleep. I'm Having to adjust my partially pre-logged meals all day today.
    It's OK, cause in a few days I'll be 600 under, looking for healthy high calorie snacks. I've just learned to roll with it.
  • no1racefan2
    no1racefan2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have that, but it's more like 1-2 weeks at a time. I can be super motivated and hitting goals for 1-2 weeks and then I get on the struggle bus, eating too many snacks and not wanting to exercise. I'll put a pound or two back on and get frustrated. In the past that's when I would quit, but now I've just been giving myself pep talks and know I'll get back to it as long as I keep it front of mind. I've been through 3-4 cycles of this in the same number of months (which I'm sure is also loosely correlated to my monthly cycle).
  • MsCzar
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I have that, but it's more like 1-2 weeks at a time.

In my younger days that was certainly true. I've always struggled with my weight and just came to accept the 7-10 days of zero progress or even a small setback. Then magically, things would get so much easier for two weeks.

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,925 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Yeah, the ketogenic diet over a dozen years ago was my off switch. I don't consciously worry about what or when I eat, and I'm never really hungry and never stuff myself either, it's a beautiful thing actually. Initially I lost about 60 lbs and have maintained for a decade. Personally I would rather poke my eye out then have to count calories, but that's just me and my n:1