Funky @$$ breath

Options
How do you tell someone you work with - they have funky @$$ breath.. If that person is older than you or someone you are not very close to..but you have to work with every day 8hrs a day..

Please help!

Replies

• ROFLMAO OMG I hate that. I give them gum.
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't tell them, but I would frequently offer gum or mints.
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    leave a pack of gum on their desk before they come in :)
  • daves160
    Options
    Yep. Keep offering gum and breath mints.
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I probably wouldn't. But, I would keep gum or mints on hand....when you are talking to that person, eat a mint or pop some gum in your mouth and offer. Maybe if you do that often enough he/she will get the hint.
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you've tried this, but I don't think I'd ever be comfortable going farther than the old "would you like a mint?" (or gum). I'm sure people will say to just throw it out there that they have bad breath, but I thunk that'd be nothing but awkward, and I'd personally ever do it.

Good luck!
  • reinach31
    Options

This person doesn't need just gym or mints... it's kicking from a cubicle away! DANG
  • yokurio
    yokurio Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if it was me, I would prefer you tell me. I guess it depends on the person, if they are down to earth and easy to talk to, just tell them, but since your asking us, I expect that they are not easy to talk to. lol. um... i'll be the one to give the bad advice, tell them.. lol.
  • reinach31
    Options

This person doesn't need just gym or mints... it's kicking from a cubicle away! DANG
    *GUM
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    One person's breath here smells so bad, I can smell it from two offices away. It is so terrible. It smells like a sneeze and a dry fart. I casually ask if they want gum. But sometimes... I just have to leave the room.
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    b27bb57c-2ed5-4eff-971e-795f7f64f9e8.jpg
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    could you leave them an anonymous note maybe?
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    When that person comes around next time, pull this out...

7049169-gas-mask-on-white-background.jpg

They'll get the hint.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    i make a real frowny face cover my nose and say hey have some gum and if they decline, i shove it down their throats
  • JE55Y
    JE55Y Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I've worked with a few people over the years who have had really bad breath. One woman's breath was so bad that my throat closed up and my eyes watered!

I think it's cattarh or not flossing that causes it. It's gross and horrible when someone with bad breath leans in to talk to you.

I think someone has got to be brave and tell these people they have unbearably stinky breath! I was told not to, that t was rude. Have you tried talking to your boss, maybe they could speak to them.

Lol.. Or leave a bottle of mouthŵash in their secret Santa!!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options

Use a cubicle missile launcher to launch some mints their way.

cubicle%20missile%20launcher.jpg
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Maybe leave a bottle of mouth wash on his/her desk with a bow and card "xoxo the whole office". They'll get it.
  • reinach31
    Options
    I've worked with a few people over the years who have had really bad breath. One woman's breath was so bad that my throat closed up and my eyes watered!

I think it's cattarh or not flossing that causes it. It's gross and horrible when someone with bad breath leans in to talk to you.

I think someone has got to be brave and tell these people they have unbearably stinky breath! I was told not to, that t was rude. Have you tried talking to your boss, maybe they could speak to them.

My boss doesn't even want to tell this person... but it was kicking at this meeting we had with the customer.

I also think it's crazy that their partner is not saying anything... It's bad!
  • quigonnjae
    Options

My boss doesn't even want to tell this person... but it was kicking at this meeting we had with the customer.

I also think it's crazy that their partner is not saying anything... It's bad!

if its this bad and your meeting with customers .. you NEED to let someone know.. even if its someone in HR.. you dont want to jepordize loosing a customer over it
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    There is a bacteris than can cause chronic halitosis, but standard mouthwash won't kill it there is some stuff in the uk called retardex which kills the bacteria. I would leave a tube on their desk and hope they take the hint.