The Magic Bullet!

Options
For all you fruit smoothie lovers this thing will work so well. I bought it at Costco - the whole kit & caboodle for $50. It's basically a mini blender - it allows you to quickly make just a single serving (or 2) fruit smoothie. Great any time of day!

I use frozen fruit (strawberries, melon, blueberries, peaches) regular yogurt that I've also frozen and a splash of organic vanilla soy milk - give it a whirl and poof! Yummy! Since the fruit and yogurt are frozen there isn't any need to add ice. Add some carrots and you'll get fruit and vegetable servings!

You can also do all kinds of other things with it (it came with a recipe book), some times at night I leave out the soy milk and it comes out much thicker, like Fresh Fruit Sorbet. ;)

Replies

• ahertel0214
    ahertel0214 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    For all you fruit smoothie lovers this thing will work so well. I bought it at Costco - the whole kit & caboodle for $50. It's basically a mini blender - it allows you to quickly make just a single serving (or 2) fruit smoothie. Great any time of day!

I use frozen fruit (strawberries, melon, blueberries, peaches) regular yogurt that I've also frozen and a splash of organic vanilla soy milk - give it a whirl and poof! Yummy! Since the fruit and yogurt are frozen there isn't any need to add ice. Add some carrots and you'll get fruit and vegetable servings!

You can also do all kinds of other things with it (it came with a recipe book), some times at night I leave out the soy milk and it comes out much thicker, like Fresh Fruit Sorbet. ;)
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. We are going to Costco this weekend.
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I love mine! It will chop and puree just about anything!
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    My mom just got one and LOVES it. She makes her protein shakes and whatnot in it and tells me that I need to get one.

i agree.
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I got one for xmas in 06 we use it a lot. Especially for chopping up the babies food and for smoothies or frozen alcoholic drinks(although I haven't had one of those in a while. Oh and for onions I hate cutting onions!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I have a better alternative, if you already own an oster brand blender you can go to walmart and get the mini blender cup for $13 and it comes with extra sealing rings, because we all know those eventually go and another bottom and set of blades.

We had the magic bullet and it ended up burning out on us (kids love smoothies too). The blender seems to just have more juice to give those blended treats a whirl.
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    I have an oster blender and have used one of the small blender cups before. They are great. What I love about my bullet is that I can put it in a small bag and take it will me when I'm on the road, which I am often. My friends love it when my daughter makes everyone smoothies. And I use it for a meal replacement shake I SOMETIMES use when I'm on the road. I have some kind of convertor that hubby bought for me and I plug it into the cig lighter in the van and it converts the lighter into two plug ins for appliances. I can pull over and whip one up as a snack if I need to. Or charge my phone or the DVD player or any other appliance needed for road trip comfort.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    Options

What's it called? And where have you BEEN, Ms. N.W. ?

We missed you, glad you're back!

Cheryl in Seattle
  • ahertel0214
    ahertel0214 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hey Cheryl, yes I'm back... 20 pounds heavier. Damn.

The Magic Bullet - it's a little blender thing - fantastic for making smoothies & Frozen sorbet. ;)
  • coreysmommy2005
    Options
    I have the magic bullet and use it everyday!!! I chop my coffee beans in the morning with it! My mom got it for me for Christmas a few years ago. LOVE IT!!!