What are you doing RIGHT NOW???

Options

Replies

• Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,213 Member
    Options
    Making soup, and pretzels. Pot pie too oh ya and some bread dough. We gotta eat
  • IzzieD93
    IzzieD93 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Watching Harry Potter, currently the 2nd movie Chamber of Secrets
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Watching The Holiday with some chocolate toffee almonds
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,822 Member
    Options

This sounds like the most heavenly combination. I love homemade pretzels.
  • ___Tams___
    ___Tams___ Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Watching Con Air
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Lying in bed wondering if the Baileys was really necessary…
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,825 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Watching a movie while having decaf and peanut butter cookies
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    air drying
  • Alinouveau2
    Options

These pretzels are awesome and made with some sourdough starter so the stay fresher longer tm9158vbedt1.jpg
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

These pretzels are awesome and made with some sourdough starter so the stay fresher longer tm9158vbedt1.jpg
    Oh wow! They look gorgeous too
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,825 Member
    Options

Those look amazing!
  • Alinouveau2
    Options

Oh wow! They look gorgeous too
    cmsienk wrote: »

Those look amazing!

Thanks. They're quite tasty too
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    Having a hot soak with a full bodied red.
    O such a night.
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Laying on the couch waiting for my brothers flight to arrive
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I just finished reading my self-assigned section of The Grapes of Wrath for the day. I thought I’d share a few of my thoughts and some quotes.

The early part of this book seems to be contrasting and comparing the attitudes of these displaced tenant farmers with the “owner men.“

“I was a damn ol’ hypocrite, but I didn’t mean to be.” - Reverend Jim Casey

Jim Casey has spent some time wandering around and deconstructing his faith and what he’s left with- at least in the part of the book I’ve gotten up to - is his love for people.

“The bank is something more than men, I tell you. It’s the monster. Men made it, but they can’t control it.” - owner men deflecting responsibility for displacing farmers

“Men ate what they had not raised, had no connection with the bread. The land bore under iron, and under iron gradually died; for it was not loved or hated, it had no prayers or curses.“ I find the imagery of the land, being enslaved and forced to bear quite compelling.

“If a fella’s got somepin to eat an’ another fella’s hungry – why the first fella ain’t got no choice. I mean, s’pose I pick up my rabbits, an’ go off somewheres and eat em. See?“ - Muley, a slightly crazy displaced farmer who has lost everything, including his family, expressing his feeling of moral obligation to his fellow man.

“Sometimes a sad man can talk the sadness right out through his mouth. Sometimes a killin’ man can talk the murder right out of his mouth an’ not do no murder. You done right. Don’t you kill nobody if you can help it.“ - Jim Casey counseling Muley. Casey is still very much a minister, even though his faith is not the same.

Willy Feely is also a former tenant farmer, but instead of being destitute like his neighbors, he has chosen to work for the “owner man.” He rides a tractor and plows the fields and knocks down houses and enforces evictions. He is between a rock and a hard place himself, but he is still a traitor to his people.

Ma Joad welcomes strangers and offers to feed them before she realizes that it’s her own prodigal son & the preacher. She does this even though they themselves are in poverty, and she makes no fuss about it. She says, “we got a-plenty.”

• R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    Wondering how far it is to @R3d_butt3rfly house and if there’d be any tamales left. 😋

There's still a few left! I'll wait for you 😏
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    Enjoying some sweet silence this morning. Too bad I had to mop the floor to get it as everyone went to their rooms. How many times can a mom mop the floors daily 🤔 😂
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I just finished reading my self-assigned section of The Grapes of Wrath for the day. I thought I’d share a few of my thoughts and some quotes.

The early part of this book seems to be contrasting and comparing the attitudes of these displaced tenant farmers with the “owner men.“

Jim Casey has spent some time wandering around and deconstructing his faith and what he’s left with- at least in the part of the book I’ve gotten up to - is his love for people.

“The bank is something more than men, I tell you. It’s the monster. Men made it, but they can’t control it.” - owner men deflecting responsibility for displacing farmers

“Men ate what they had not raised, had no connection with the bread. The land bore under iron, and under iron gradually died; for it was not loved or hated, it had no prayers or curses.“ I find the imagery of the land, being enslaved and forced to bear quite compelling.

“If a fella’s got somepin to eat an’ another fella’s hungry – why the first fella ain’t got no choice. I mean, s’pose I pick up my rabbits, an’ go off somewheres and eat em. See?“ - Muley, a slightly crazy displaced farmer who has lost everything, including his family, expressing his feeling of moral obligation to his fellow man.

“Sometimes a sad man can talk the sadness right out through his mouth. Sometimes a killin’ man can talk the murder right out of his mouth an’ not do no murder. You done right. Don’t you kill nobody if you can help it.“ - Jim Casey counseling Muley. Casey is still very much a minister, even though his faith is not the same.

Willy Feely is also a former tenant farmer, but instead of being destitute like his neighbors, he has chosen to work for the “owner man.” He rides a tractor and plows the fields and knocks down houses and enforces evictions. He is between a rock and a hard place himself, but he is still a traitor to his people.

Ma Joad welcomes strangers and offers to feed them before she realizes that it’s her own prodigal son & the preacher. She does this even though they themselves are in poverty, and she makes no fuss about it. She says, “we got a-plenty.”

More please ☺️
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    jbs116 wrote: »

More please ☺️

There’s nothing like good fiction to help you see the truth of things.
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Boiling eggs and sticking my face in the middle of the rising steam.