Music and running

Options
Hi all,

New to the community!

I've found my biggest motivator is listening to music while I run (mostly rock), and I wondered what's everyone's favourite song to run to?

Replies

• Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    My playlist is a bit all of over the place. But my favorites that always give me that extra push are:

“Boys” Lizzo
    “Lose Yourself” Eminem
    “Stronger” Brittney Spears
    “Handclap” Fitz and the Tantrums
    “ME!” Taylor Swift
    “How Far We’ve Come” Matchbox Twenty
    “Starships” Nicki Minaj
  • NegatoShiku
    NegatoShiku Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I often run in my living space with wireless ear or headphones while whole albums, EPs, and/or works play.

I love running to a lot of the more vigorous sounding jazz like hard bop, players like Art Blakey, John Coltrane, Pat Martino, and McCoy Tyner, as well as fusion acts like Mahavishnu Orchestra, Return to Forever, and some of their solo offshoots.

Rock and metal are easy for me to feel an urge for cardio listening to, especially power and progressive metal like Blind Guardian, Helloween, Running Wild, or Galneryus for the former and the likes of Symphony X, Sieges Even, Watchtower, and Psychotic Waltz for the latter. Some of the classic bands from the 70s like Queen, Rainbow, Kansas, or Rush have a lot of songs or even whole albums that make me madly energized too.

Classical is commonly cooldown music for me, but some composers (Romantic and Modern) have works that are easy to do hard cardio to, like Mussorgsky, Stravinsky, and Bartok.

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,588 Member
    Options
    I don't listen to music. Sidewalks are of not great quality here, streets are even worse and people buzz around on electric steps or bikes everywhere. it's just too dangerous. Plus I like to hear my surrounding instead of closing myself off from everything.