Whole Foods!

Options
So I just made my 2nd trip to WF today, and picked up some more delicious things. I was wondering what are some of your faves that you buy there?
Oh I did have one disappointment, it was WH's own brand, 365..this vegan frozen pizza, and it was terrible. I was disappointed b/c it looked so yummy!

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Don't let that scare you away from the 365 brand. I have found some really good items in that brand. I haven't been by a WF in several years so I can't really make suggestions here.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid Whole Paycheck because of the delicious cheese and baked goods. Just the olive bar alone...
  • jlotz19
    Options
    Artic zero!! Can't go a day without it! LOVE LOVE LOVE me some wholefoods!!!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I love Suzi's Kamut cakes (like rice cakes) with agave sweetener. Delish with their freshly ground almond butter on top!

I also buy Voskos greek yogurt there and sometimes the Arctic Zero ice cream.

Their honeycrisp apples are the best!!!
  • upsidedownpear
    upsidedownpear Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Not the 365 brand but I buy Tofu Shirataki noodles from WF to replace pasta, friend noodles etc.

I follow recipes from hungry-girl.com to make pad-thai, fettuccine alfredo and meatball-spaghetti using these noodles, most of which are under 200 cals and very filling !
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    my all-time favorite, thanks to my vegetarian boyfriend: vegan general tso's chicken!!!!

edited to say: do NOT try the 365 cleanse. all i did was poop slightly more than usual...but no weight loss and i didn't feel "cleaner." i'd say just have a diet with more fiber and drink lots of water and that's as much cleanse as you need!
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Whole Foods = Whole Paycheck........

thats way to over the top for me ,Ill stick to my local H E B.........., best wishes
  • pope369
    pope369 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Whole Foods = Whole Paycheck........

thats way to over the top for me ,Ill stick to my local H E B.........., best wishes

I'm w/ Lloyd on this one. I can't usually justify spending that kind of money on groceries, but on rare occasions, WF has an ingredient I just can't find anywhere else. Don't get me wrong; I love going in the place. The team members are all so nice.
  • treesha450
    treesha450 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I really don't shop there. They were building one where I live and the project somehow ended up abandoned, now there is a huge hole in the ground where whole foods was suppose to go. The residents of West Seattle are very displeased about the eyesore it is called Hole Foods here. I will occasionally visit PCC or Thriftway when I want specialty stuff, but Safeway is my usual stop for groceries.
  • redtalent
    redtalent Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've actually been boycotting Whole Foods for about 6 years now because they allow their semi drivers to drive longer than they legally can and they don't have to have a licence. This is the reason I was involved with a coach bus crash that killed 5 people I loved. I know it has nothing to do with food but I just felt like getting it out there.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I like their grass fed beef and free range chicken when my local farmer and butcher don't have what I want.............which isn't often.

I also get raw pepitas, macadamia nuts and a couple other things out of the bulk bins.

I don't eat processed foods, so I stay away from them at Whole Foods also. I would rather cook myself than heat up some frozen yuck.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I like to get unsweetened coconut from the bulk bins to sprinkle in my yogurt and oatmeal.
  • heatheramara
    Options
    GREAT tips! Thanks for the recipe hookup!