Survival Skills You've Picked Up at Work

Options
2»

Replies

• azQmaster
    azQmaster Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I wear a headset at work, if someone trys asking me a question I just act like im on the phone!
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    never type a direct addres in the main bar. Use google to look it up so that there is no interent history =)
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    The world of credit!!!
  • Nickstery
    Nickstery Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Alt+Tab is definitely your friend, Tabs on a browser is always a plus, and having multiple screens open on your monitor, arranged just right for quick exchange is a plus as well!

Just incase the big wigs are around I always have my Android phone available if I need to update anything.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Wearing Bernardo's (shoes) garners respect from boss-lady.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I type out whatever I need on a word document that already has text in it so if my boss comes by I just have to scroll up.
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Alt+Tab is definitely your friend, Tabs on a browser is always a plus, and having multiple screens open on your monitor, arranged just right for quick exchange is a plus as well!

Just incase the big wigs are around I always have my Android phone available if I need to update anything.

When you are on a triple monitor setup and have MFP up on one of them, Alt+Tab doesn't help, unfortunately. I use tabs in my browser.
  • MissJennZ
    MissJennZ Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Also, if you're still using an old version of windows, move your task bar so it's on the left of your screen. That way, the name of the site won't appear on the minimised tab!

Just tried this!! LOVE IT!
  • MissJennZ
    MissJennZ Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    walk around wearing gloves and a big wrench, no one really asks questions.

I'm a receptionist, i think this could get me sent home for a mental health day!! :wink:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Whenever a lady says TOM you panic-1.gif
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Make a squinty face while staring at my screen -

- to me: playing on MFP
    - to boss: working too hard, you need a break sam, how about lunch?

It has worked!
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    never glue your boss lady's pen to her desk....turns out it's not so funny after all.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    type as much as you can in an email.. then copy and paste that to the chat window you have hidden below.

Lol this is a good one.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    play music everyday that way when you switch to watching movies on netflix no one notices...

Also, if you keep snacks at your desk the company owner will love you forever...