New Year 2024 Goals/Resolutions

Options
ddsb1111
ddsb1111 Posts: 812 Member
2024 is 1 week away. Some see it as business as usual. Others use it to set new goals and treat it as a clean slate. For those that use it as motivation, what are you doing to get ready for 2024? What goals do you have for the New Year?

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,442 Member
    Options
    I do have a goal, but I don't make it dependent on the start of a new year. For me, such a resolution would be a fleeting thing. I just go on as I did these past few months.
  • ddsb1111
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    I do have a goal, but I don't make it dependent on the start of a new year. For me, such a resolution would be a fleeting thing. I just go on as I did these past few months.

I look forward to hearing more about your journey in 2024. I’m similar in that I start goals often, so I’m constantly reaching and creating new goals. For ex: July- Sept 2023 weight loss. Oct-Dec 2023 maintenance. Jan- March 2024 Fitness challenge. It’s great for more goal oriented people like myself. And less fun for those that put too much pressure on themselves. Once upon a time that was me. Funny how we grow and change to become people we couldn’t imagine. I’m in awe over it pretty much everyday.

• ddsb1111
    Options
    Corina1143 wrote: »
    My goal for 2024 is bmi=24.99.
    8 pounds to go.
    I think I can, I think I can.

I know you can. I know you can.
  • sharrington2017
    sharrington2017 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 25 pounds and start working out and getting stronger
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,516 Member
    Options
    Last year I vowed to get healthy, lose weight, give up some bad habits. With the help of a couple of challenges on MFP, I did really well - down 64 pounds this year. I am still a work in progress, but I am getting there - my goal this year is to get to my goal weight in 2024.

I'm not really sure what clicked this time around - but for sure know that I owe much of my success to the Biggest Loser group on My Fitness Pal. I joined a couple of rounds ago and loved it so much I became a co-captain of The Determined Desert Tortorties one of the teams. Registration for the next round runs until Dec 27 - Give it a try - you won't be disappointed. Follow the links below to learn about the teams and register.

FOLLOW THIS LINK TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE BIGGEST LOSER CHALLENGE :

https://blcteam.weebly.com/orientation-page.html

FOLLOW THIS LINK TO THE REGISTRATION TEAM AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS THERE TO SIGN UP
    Registration open until December 27!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/140750-the-blc-biggest-loser-challenge-registration-team
  • ddsb1111
    Options
    iLive2Walk wrote: »
    Last year I vowed to get healthy, lose weight, give up some bad habits. With the help of a couple of challenges on MFP, I did really well - down 64 pounds this year. I am still a work in progress, but I am getting there - my goal this year is to get to my goal weight in 2024.

I'm not really sure what clicked this time around - but for sure know that I owe much of my success to the Biggest Loser group on My Fitness Pal. I joined a couple of rounds ago and loved it so much I became a co-captain of The Determined Desert Tortorties one of the teams. Registration for the next round runs until Dec 27 - Give it a try - you won't be disappointed. Follow the links below to learn about the teams and register.

FOLLOW THIS LINK TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE BIGGEST LOSER CHALLENGE :

https://blcteam.weebly.com/orientation-page.html

FOLLOW THIS LINK TO THE REGISTRATION TEAM AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS THERE TO SIGN UP
    Registration open until December 27!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/140750-the-blc-biggest-loser-challenge-registration-team

@sharrington2017 This might be a great start for you!
  • Brentsgirl94
    Brentsgirl94 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My goal in 2023 was to get to 250 ( a loss of just over 30 pounds). I did but then the holidays got me 10 pounds up!! I'm ready to start again with another 30 pounds in 2024. Even if the end of the year/holidays keep tripping me up if I really work hard the rest of the time I will keep coming out ahead for myself. Or that's what I'm telling myself so I don't beat myself up to badly.
  • ddsb1111
    Options
    @Brentsgirl94 Thank you for sharing, you’ve made more progress than I think you realize. For one, you didn’t gain ANY weight in 2023, and not only that, you lost 30 lbs. That’s huge. Now that you’re in the swing of things you’ve got this. Set very reasonable goals, give yourself boundaries, weigh everything and log daily, even when you don’t want to. I hope you keep us posted on your progress and when things start to feel frustrating. It’s all normal and part of the process.
  • earlybirdlady
    earlybirdlady Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    What a great post! I don’t necessarily set a lot of goals for the new year, but usually after the Christmas holiday I start to refocus on intentions. For example, scheduling time for quality time with my family and/or my spouse. I try to revisit these intentions every couple months or so as life can get crazy and I can get sidetracked. I thrive on routines, so usually my intentions revolve around that rather than set goals.
  • mc00cali
    mc00cali Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I’m on wt loss journey & will continue it next year.
  • mc00cali
    mc00cali Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    B)
    I’m looking for wt loss friends
  • MichaelMatiychenko
    MichaelMatiychenko Posts: 2 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    ddsb1111 wrote: »
    2024 is 1 week away. Some see it as business as usual. Others use it to set new goals and treat it as a clean slate. For those that use it as motivation, what are you doing to get ready for 2024? What goals do you have for the New Year?

get to 130lbs by march-april (im 120lbs) and then cut in time for late june
  • ddsb1111
    Options
    ddsb1111 wrote: »

get to 130lbs by march-april (im 120lbs) and then cut in time for late june

Clear and concise, I love it! It makes it easier when you know exactly what you want.
  • meganlea33
    meganlea33 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My goal this year is to adopt a healthier lifestyle and lose about 50 pounds. I have been making little changes for a while it’s time to take a leap. Here is to 2024!
  • JenC0201
    JenC0201 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My goal this year is to make more space for myself and to have some fun. This means increasing my physical activity and getting outdoors more.