LOOKING for serious support.

Options
So I have been on MFP since May 2010. I did great. I was down over 40 pounds, felt awesome, and looked good too. I had knee surgery in June and I am now officially up 15 pounds from my lowest weight. I joined the gym and have managed to not gain anymore. My workouts are not the issue. Its the food. I LOVE FOOD. I mean LOVE! I had it so under control last year. Still eating what I wanted but watched all my portions. Now after a few life changes, I am not on a good food routine and I am not as careful. I am also horrible with my water. I know what you are thinking, well if she knows all this why isn't she doing something about it? I DON'T KNOW! LOL! I am looking for any SAHM(D) or anyone really who can support and guide me (and get on my case when you see I am not logging)
Thanks guys, I WILL not rebuy clothes in a bigger size! I WILL lose these 15 pounds and maybe even 20! BUT I need your help!
:)

Replies

• joybell32
    joybell32 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    SAHM(D)

What is this?
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Don't leave things to chance. It was easy for me to make poor decisions for myself in the moment, but when I made a plan ahead of time and stuck to it, I did much better.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    SAHM(D)

What is this?

stay at home mom or dad
  • getson2010
    getson2010 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Same problem here. I don't make plans about what I eat,. There for a while, I would gain a pound one week and then lose a pound the next, yo-yoing back and forth. It was discouraging. I wasn't logging my foods. I remembered why I'd gotten on here to begin with. Then, I started logging, didn't beat myself up, watched my calorie intake, looked at the serving sizes of the foods I like, and didn't eat a tablespoon more than that. I just allow myself to have junk every once in a while, otherwise, I'll give in and eat a whole tub of ice cream. My thoughts... better to give in now, and eat half of a cup, then to give in later and eat a gallon in one sitting.
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    WE ALL LOVE FOOD! I love sweet potato pie and German Chocolate cake. I love McDonald's fries and Cheeseburgers and definitely BigMacs. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Domino's Pepperoni Sausage/Ham and Pineapple combo...

AND I CAN'T EAT ANY OF IT.

I mean I could. I can make excuses and justify WHY I deserve to. I work out daily etc. But man I don't want to fall in that trap! I will give you support if you want it but don't expect: It's ok we all mess up. NO!!!!! Gotta wwant it and stay focused!
  • bevcrok
    Options
    Hi there!

I can relate to your situation in some ways. I know what I should be doing and I know that I feel really good when I drink lots of water, don't eat mindlessly, etc., but for some reason I'm not doing that. I am not a SAHM(D), but I would be happy to provide you with frequent and real support. I am so happy to have my friends on MFP and I appreciate their comments, but sometimes I want a little more than a "Yay." or "Good job!" I would like someone who will actually check in with me and who I can feel comfortable checking in with. Anyway, if you'd like, you can send me a friend request.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I am willing to support you. I love food too but in moderation.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i'm happy to be one of many cheerleaders, but i can't be accountable for your actions. that's up to you! and based on all these wonderful people here, they've been successful so you can back to where you were! good luck :)
  • kiwipearls
    Options
    I agree with Getson.

I don't believe in going without our favourite foods. Just allow your self to eat the bad stuff every now and again. And always log the food.

For my situation, my kids go to their dads every fortnightly weekend, and that is when my husband and I - indulge a little...or a lot...let's just say, we don't like to cook on our weekend off :D

But as long as you stay active and do whatever exercise you are able to do. Then you deserve a naughty treat every now and again.
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Hey Jenn, I know quite a few ways to enjoy the foods you love and still lose weight, by making substitutions. Friend me if you want these helpful suggestions, recipes. I love food, too!!!!!
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    So I have been on MFP since May 2010. I did great. I was down over 40 pounds, felt awesome, and looked good too. I had knee surgery in June and I am now officially up 15 pounds from my lowest weight. I joined the gym and have managed to not gain anymore. My workouts are not the issue. Its the food. I LOVE FOOD. I mean LOVE! I had it so under control last year. Still eating what I wanted but watched all my portions. Now after a few life changes, I am not on a good food routine and I am not as careful. I am also horrible with my water. I know what you are thinking, well if she knows all this why isn't she doing something about it? I DON'T KNOW! LOL! I am looking for any SAHM(D) or anyone really who can support and guide me (and get on my case when you see I am not logging)
    Thanks guys, I WILL not rebuy clothes in a bigger size! I WILL lose these 15 pounds and maybe even 20! BUT I need your help!
    :)

So feeling where you're coming from. A couple years ago, I had lost about 60 pounds, was running about 5-6 miles A DAY, going to the gym almost every day, doing Pilates (killing that, too!), and I looked better than I ever had...and then my son was involved in an auto accident where he broke his neck. At first, I did good and even loss more weight. Then, as life moved along and rehab began, I slowly gained every pound back. Now I am right back where I started. I TOO PLEDGE NOT TO BUY BIGGER SIZED CLOTHES!!! I have a good 60 pounds to lose. I will be that person for you if you will be for me?
  • jensway
    Options
    WE ALL LOVE FOOD! I love sweet potato pie and German Chocolate cake. I love McDonald's fries and Cheeseburgers and definitely BigMacs. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Domino's Pepperoni Sausage/Ham and Pineapple combo...

I mean I could. I can make excuses and justify WHY I deserve to. I work out daily etc. But man I don't want to fall in that trap! I will give you support if you want it but don't expect: It's ok we all mess up. NO!!!!! Gotta wwant it and stay focused!

Aw man.....you said McDonald's :(
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options

So wish you were my workout partner! LOL I need a little "*kitten* kicking"!