Unrealistic calories adjustments are ruining the app for me, please help!

Options
Hi, I am wondering if anyone else experience similar issue to mine. I use Google Fit to track my running and walking activities which should add extra calorie allowance to my day. Lately MFP was adding very unrealistic extra calories, and I just cannot understand their calorie adjustment method. So when I walk 500meters, Google Fit tells me I burned 40 calories (which is reasonable) but MFP says I burden 120 calories. What gives?! And this 120 calories stay and never change (which is contrary to their description on calories adjustments).

This is ruining my app experience and I am a paying customer, I pay for the premium. I am trying to lose weight, and it is impossible if this app cannot track my exercise properly. What should I do?

Answers

• minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    You could stop paying for premium, unpair Google Fit from MFP, and then manually add the exercise calories you desire. (Of course, you could also continue paying for premium, unpair Google Fit from MFP, and then manually add the exercise calories you desire, as well.)

(Sorry. This is coming from a person who has never paid for premium, has never paired any other app to MFP, and who does not manually add exercise calories, because I use the TDEE-less-a-deficit method vs. the MFP method. My suggested solution may not be what you are hoping for, but it would solve your problem.)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,102 Member
    Options
    Do you also have negative calorie adjustments enabled?

I don't know about Google Fit specifically, but in theory, with most synched trackers, MFP is trying to reconcile the calories it thinks you'd burn (based on MFP profile settings) with what the tracker estimates you actually burned that day. I wouldn't expect the calorie number (the adjustment) to match any other particular number.

If you don't have negative adjustments enabled in MFP, it will only add calories when activity is higher than MFP profile settings estimate; it won't subtract them when activity is less than expected.