New Year’s resolutions???

Options
Happy new year 🥳

What’s your resolutions?

Replies

• threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I actually have good success in doing resolutions in the past, let's see if I can do this.
    Here's my resolutions:

Play Candy Crush every day (15-20 min) , I've noticed it has a small improvement in my mood.
    Get to goal weight (see my challenge in the challenges forum)
    Cut my own hair, twice a week, just a little bit.
    Work on my posture with a book I've known about for over a decade
    Use my daily planner every day, before midday
    Not be addicted to sugar by the end of the year (meaning I can go multiple months without it)
    Spend time on my software programming idea which may or may not get me money
    Brush my teeth twice a day most days
    Use my table instead of the bed for stuff. Tidy the table as needed. Just use the table. Those factory workers didn't put their hard work into making something which didn't get used!
    Go no more than 3 days without doing "activities" with my girlfriend.

The previous year when I made a list of resolutions they were specific things I needed to do once. This list is more daily - weekly.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,221 Member
    Options
    I plan on losing some weight and continue to work on getting some of my old skating skills back like spins and maybe some jumps. Cause why the heck not
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    @threewins
    What's the book about posture? That needs to be one of my resolutions!
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I don’t often share my goals because I achieve them more frequently when I keep them to myself, but I will share this one: this year I am going to learn to juggle.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    I don’t often share my goals because I achieve them more frequently when I keep them to myself, but I will share this one: this year I am going to learn to juggle.

Ha - my daughter has been trying lately
  • Alinouveau2
    Options

Oooh for real??!! Can't wait for a video of a successful goal achieved
  • ___Tams___
    ___Tams___ Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Run a few more 10k and try half a marathon.
    Pay of my debt, only one more payment.
    Get a new car.
    More trips with my kids.
    Hoping to see the Northen lights this year.
    Back to goal weight and maintain.
    I can lose weight but can never maintain lol
    Stop explaining myself to people and just do what makes me happy. I've lost some friendships and fell out with family members this year, but need to stop pleasing others.
    Keep positive and work though any anxieties that may come my way.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Yes, my 14-year-old is learning & it seems like a fun thing we can learn together. I think a consistent 15 minutes per day for the first quarter will give me a good idea of further steps for the rest of the year. (I like to reassess every 12 weeks or so.)
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Yes, my 14-year-old is learning & it seems like a fun thing we can learn together. I think a consistent 15 minutes per day for the first quarter will give me a good idea of further steps for the rest of the year. (I like to reassess every 12 weeks or so.)

Gotta gif this once you get it down
  • Brigit_1
    Brigit_1 Posts: 209 Member
    Options

Well...now the new PP makes sense. B)
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Brigit_1 wrote: »

Well...now the new PP makes sense. B)
    That is another whole story 😁
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Stress less and ease anxiety!
  • This_far
    This_far Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Learn the lyrics to Auld Lang Syne
  • justplainshane
    justplainshane Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    ___Tams___ wrote: »
    Run a few more 10k and try half a marathon.
    Pay of my debt, only one more payment.
    Get a new car.
    More trips with my kids.
    Hoping to see the Northen lights this year.
    Back to goal weight and maintain.
    I can lose weight but can never maintain lol
    Stop explaining myself to people and just do what makes me happy. I've lost some friendships and fell out with family members this year, but need to stop pleasing others.
    Keep positive and work though any anxieties that may come my way.

Sounds like you got this 👏👏👏 And yes, pleasing others is draining. The mist important one is self love and self care. 😁
  • justplainshane
    justplainshane Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I hate resolutions as I believe change should rather be about habit, consistency and discipline. But if I had to choose. I am going to learn to play guitar 🎸
  • meganlea33
    meganlea33 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I plan to learn to love myself and put energy into being who I really want to be.
  • Alinouveau2
    edited January 1
    Options
    After weighing myself this morning my new year reso is to lose 10lb
  • RaeGreen85
    RaeGreen85 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My New Year’s resolution is to actually work on me, not take on the responsibility of everyone else’s problems. Draw a line in the sand and create healthy boundaries and stick with them so maybe I don’t emotional eat or binge eat.
  • The_Hiking_Viking
    The_Hiking_Viking Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Continue investing, which everyone should be doing ...