What’s your favorite smoothie recipe?

Options
lav9799
lav9799 Posts: 15 Member
Santa brought me a single serving blender and I’d love to have more recipe ideas, particularly with high protein. Cheers!

Answers

• mzwagner2
    mzwagner2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I believe some high protein smoothies would be
    Milk (to your like adjust)
    Around 1 cup fat free Greek yogurt
    2 bananas
    1 strawberry
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,470 Member
    Options
    1 bottle chocolate Corepower
    1 serving cottage cheese
    Ice to fill line
    Few grams cocoa powder (optional)
    Peppermint, malt or coconut extract (optional)

Appx 40gr protein
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup frozen fruit (I thaw it but you don't have to)
    1/2 cup Greek yoghurt or skyr
    1 scoop Leanfit plant protein & greens
    1/4 cup Fibre 1 cereal (really helps me with feeling full longer, along with helping... other things 😉)
    1 cup walnut milk
    Top up/thin a bit with water if needed, usually ~ 1/2 cup
  • Gaterguy24
    Gaterguy24 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like to do cold coffee with cocoa blueberry, super greens powder, and almond milk, honey if needed
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,930 Member
    Options
    I dont have a recipe, just milk for liquid, either whey isolate, yogurt or cottage cheese for protein, and fruit, banana is a favorite. In the summer, I add lots and lots of ice, so it's kind of like a slushy.
  • lucky_fin7
    lucky_fin7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is high protein but maybe you can tweak it. I really love banana and chocolate milk shakes, sooo good. Perhaps you can find a chocolate flavored protein powder 👍🤗
  • KristenRichardson2024
    Options
    Vegan chocolate protein powder, a frozen banana, a couple frozen strawberries, and water or sometimes I add the silk for coffee almond milk if I want it a bit sweeter.
  • ech9570
    ech9570 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Santa was so nice to you! I've had a NutriBullet for a number of years. On a really good streak a few years ago I'd make a smoothie to drink on the way to the gym - with pineapple and spinach and Isopure protein powder (1 scoop), ground flax seed, acai berries, raw honey, a few icecubes and a splash or two of milk to loosen it up a bit. I had read somewhere that pineapple has an enzyme in it that helps you lose weight. I don't know about that, but it sure was delicious. This one morphed into a Pina Colada version - Pineapple, unsweetened coconut, rum extract, half a banana, a scoop of Greek yogurt, ground flax seed, and almond or lactose free milk to loosen it up. Also - ice cubes. The amounts of the ingredients were just enough to fill up the nutribullet in the approximately right proportions. The nice thing about smoothies is that you can kind of make them up as you go along. There are a gazillion different combinations. The pineapple/spinach one (sounds awful at first glance but my body quickly told me - "This is SO good. We want more of this, girl!" My next experiement is changing the protein powder to collagen - or use a scoop of both.
  • apriram
    apriram Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup Greek yogurt
    1/2 banana
    Protein powder
    Frozen berries
    Handful of chopped kale or spinach
    Almond milk
  • Ycatsss
    Ycatsss Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 8
    Options
    *I can’t have dairy so I use oat milk or coconut.
    1/2 to whole frozen banana
    1 scoop protein powder (vanilla) *i use Truvani protein powders. Flavors are amazing (vanilla chai!)
    Vanilla paste (like extract but thicker)
    1 scoop Plexus collagen
    Fruit of choice

Or same just substitute fruit for 1-2 TBS organic nutbutter or natural peanut butter (less sodium!)
    Add cacao powder.

Added boost open up 1-2 of your desired pre/probiotics in to smoothie for gut health love.
  • healhierhappiness
    healhierhappiness Posts: 104 Member
    edited January 15
    Options
    HERES TWO FOR YOU

CHOCOLATE BANANA SMOOTHIE

3/4 cup of milk I used 2% use what you like
    1/2 of a chunked large frozen banana
    1 tablespoon hersheys cocoa powder
    1 tablespoon of sweetener, I used a splenda type
    3 or 4 ice cubes

Pour milk in the blender with the bananas cocoa powder and splenda
    Blend until frozen banana is blended well

Then Add the ice and make as thick as you like.
    I have to use a spoon after I stop machine to blend as it stops from the ice
    May have to do a few times
    I use small ice cubes instead of large ones so in this case I will use many more than 3-4 regular sized cubes. This part of process depends on how you like the thickness.

I added this to my food diary and it has:
    189 calories
    28 carbs
    5 grams fat
    8 grams protein
    99 mg sodium
    18 grams sugar

I really like this when I am craving chocolate
    P.S. You can also add a tablespoon of peanut butter to this It will up the protein your looking for
    for another 3.5 grams of protein, thus making it 11.5 grams of protein in total. Remember the calories etc will also go up with the added peanut butter.

BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIE

This one I use 3/4 cup milk 2%
    3/4 cup frozen blueberries
    Blend well

Not much for protein but you do get 6 grams of protein from the 2% milk.
    Blueberries are so good for you/ they are a cancer fighter