Fresh Beginnings

Options
Hi my name is Kim. I love using MFP to keep up with my calories, weight and exercise. Last year I had several life events that kept me from use the app to its full potential. I had a knee injury and had to have surgery. Im just now able to exercise and need to drop some pounds and would love to connect with a community of like minded people for support and accountability. I would value any tips and advice from others! Heres to kicking off a NEW YEAR ... Happy New Year!

Replies

• JohnG2073
    JohnG2073 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Best wishes on your new journey and healing from a knee injury!
  • Huffied
    Huffied Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! Happy New Year! My name is Donna and I’m glad I’m back to the ap. I have used MyFitnessPal off and on over the past few years and lost 80+ pounds watching calories and walking. Then I had a knee replacement and a year later hip replacement and stopped using the ap. Then I retired and started back up but then became a caregiver to my Mom for 15 months and stopped again. So I went for my annual checkup and in the last year found out that I became diabetic and have high cholesterol too. I’ve lost 19 pounds since starting back up in October but I struggle with what foods to eat. Any suggestions on what to do or read. I have started PT again and hope to be able to start walking in the spring. Suggestions are greatly appreciated! Here’s to a healthy new year!