Cubicle Exercises.....

Options
I work in a cubicle and looking for ideas on exercises to do throughout the day to burn some extra calories. Sitting at my desk all day is making me lazy and I need to burn some energy.

I'm looking for quiet exercises to do during the day when others are in the office....and some I could do when everyone leaves as I am usually here after hours......I normally wear a wife beater, sweater, jeans and running shoes...so I'm only dressed up on occasion.

Please if anyone has ideas I'd really appreciate it. So far when the shop is empty I jog the stairs but recently people in the shop have been pulling overtime so I can't jog anymore.

Replies

• ocdwriter
    Options
    While you're at your computer, simply lift your feet off the ground and use your core to keep yourself balanced. Go up and down the stairs a few times every hour... Walk around for about 5 minutes whenever you can. :)
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Chair dips and calf raises are the only thing that come to mind.
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Keep a couple of water bottles at your desk. Use those to strength train upper body. Bicep curls, tricep kickbacks, military press, etc.
  • jbdowns35
    Options
    Can you replace your chair with an exercise ball? Chair lifts, do alot of stretching. Walk around whenever you can. I know what you're going through, I think my desk job is making my *kitten* flat from sitting all day!!! Oh! - and you can always do kiegels!!! (did I spell that right?)
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Can you replace your chair with an exercise ball? Chair lifts, do alot of stretching. Walk around whenever you can. I know what you're going through, I think my desk job is making my *kitten* flat from sitting all day!!! Oh! - and you can always do kiegels!!! (did I spell that right?)

Oh yah....I forgot about Kiegels!! Hahaha....good one.....Maybe I will bring my exercise ball in and try it for a few days....I dont' know if I will do the full 8 hours on it....i m a suck for comfort and love to sit cross legged!! LOL